Traffic!

iVillage Member
Traffic!
Thu, 09-20-2007 - 2:20pm
A recent study has found that drivers lose five days a year to traffic jams. How bad is traffic where you live? Share your traumatic traffic experiences!

Please visit these other great message boards:
Interracial and Interfaith Relationships

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Sat, 09-22-2007 - 10:39pm
Where I live, traffic jams aren't the usual order of the day, but where I have to drive to: Milwaukee, ITS HORRIBLE!!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2007 - 1:32am

Over here there are traffic jams all year long unless the kids are on vacation or there's a huge holiday spanning several days (during the week of Ied celebrations after the Ramadhan fasting month, and at Christmas, for example).

I doubt that those around here are losing a mere 5 day per year. Even double that would seem to me on the light side, especially for those having to commute using public transportation. What's normally a hour's drive could take a couple of hours by bus or train or the combination. That's at least 40 hours per month - nearly 2 days in itself.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2007 - 8:05am

If I would have drive through town and could see the 5 days. I live to on the edge of the city, so I can take the hwy up to the intersate and back into town/city. If traffic is light; I can make it to work in 12 minutes, if it's really heavy it can take up to 30 minutes.

Jenny

SparkPeople.com

Proud Member of the Budgeting Board!

Jenny

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2007 - 8:06am

Nebraska is the same way, except we have winter and construction for seasons. lol

Jenny

SparkPeople.com

Proud Member of the Budgeting Board!

Jenny