Free Women's Health Conference

iVillage Member
Free Women's Health Conference
Thu, 09-20-2007 - 5:18pm

True, I'm not a woman but I will be attending the 11th Annual Women's Health and the Environment conference this year. If you're in Boston on Oct. 19th, I hope you'll join us. This year, Dierdre Imus is giving the keynote.

Registration for the day-long event is free and open to all. Bloggers are encouraged to attend and live blog and vlog away!
http://www.heinzfamily.org/programs/womensconferences.html

Other guests include:
Judith Balk, MD, MPH, Medical Director of the Holistic Cancer Center, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center

Devra Davis, PhD, MPH, Author of "The Secret History of the War on Cancer"

Let me know if you have any questions!

Background:
A project of the Heinz Family Philanthropies, this conference series began in 1996, bringing together environmental and women's health leaders. This conference series is based on Teresa Heinz's belief that women deserve to have our health studied in our own right, with our distinct physical strengths and susceptibilities. Held each fall in Boston, the conference attracts thousands of women, activists, and mothers for panel discussions by some of the leading experts on women's issues.

The Women’s Health and the Environment series encourages women to take an active and responsible role in decision-making about their health, lifestyle choices and economic futures. This year, the conference series is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. Our speakers will be looking at a decade of achievements in the field of women’s health and the environment as well as describing challenges for the future.