Goal!

iVillage Member
Goal!
Sun, 05-10-2009 - 1:38pm

What goals are you working on now? What goals are you starting to work on or thinking of working on?

Do you set yourself short-term goals and challenges that count towards long-term ones? Do you only focus on short- or mid-term goals or do you also need to have a long-term goal?

What helps you keep focused on your goals? How do you bring yourself back to working on your goals if you've gotten distracted?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Sun, 05-10-2009 - 2:52pm
No goals. Just trying to make it day to day...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

April is National Decorating Month
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-10-2009 - 3:43pm
I have several goals right now. I always try to strive for something. I'm a person who needs to keep busy. Right now I'm taking a class, which I'm hoping will lead me to getting a new job. I'm also working on my garden, trying to get it up to speed. And I'm also working on a couple of beading projects. And I'm also working on my spiritual path.

I always set short-term goals, but I generally try to have a long-term goal as well. I don't really have any "prompts" to keep me focused on my goals. For my current long-term goal, I keep going to class and studying and working on my resume and a list of potential employers. Sometimes it's easier to keep track of my long-term goal than my short-term ones.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-10-2009 - 4:38pm

Right now I can pretty much trace everything back to rebuilding myself after a midlife crisis-induced depression.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-10-2009 - 6:17pm
Daily goals here for myself,
Being on the kind of board I CL helps me accomplish them.
Helps me be more accountable.
To exercise, eat better & lose some weight ..
Work on them all the time :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-10-2009 - 9:31pm

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-10-2009 - 11:34pm

I know I need a new job, but that will have to wait out the storm. I am trying to work more with teen girls thru Girl Scouts. I am a teen troop leader and a Gold Award Advisor for my council. I just qualified yesterday to teach Archery for GS, which is an older girl activity (4th grade and up).

Vacations & Trips

follow me to CWG

cl star tag
Vacations & Trips
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-11-2009 - 8:47am
My most immediate is to convince my boss to let me do more at work
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-11-2009 - 3:58pm

Shorterm: Get my 3 weeks of approval for stress, depression and anxiety at my job with pay.

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-11-2009 - 9:09pm
No specific goals, actually. Waking up in the morning and knowing I'm still here to make the best of my

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-12-2009 - 3:24pm
I am a midwife student, so my goal is to finish my training. That is next to impossible right now, because my babysitting recently became nonexistent. I am still studying at home for now.

Thank you, Brooke, for Ainsley's pretty siggy!

> >

Pages