Please pray for me-May lose job

iVillage Member
Please pray for me-May lose job
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 12:30am

Hello Ladies,

I have been off work for stress,depression, insomina and anxiety for the last few weeks. Mostly due to my moms death and Mothers Day made me very sad. To make a long story short, my doctor has completed all of my information. The short term disability people have no sympathy or respect. They are very rude and now are requesting my doctors notes. They will not tell me what I need to do to get it approved for pay. They ask over and over again what my "daily activities" are at home. Can I shower by myself? Can I get dressed? You would think I was dying or something. I know their job is to deny cases. So I stick by whatever my doctor has told them. I also just found out I have until Monday to get FMLA completed for my time off also. When I was told earlier this month I only needed to complete the disabaility/pay paperwork. I have decided to not contact them until my doctor faxes over whatever else is needed. I am due back to work on June 3rd. I am praying that I do not have to look for a new job or be fired for wrongful termination or anything like that. Please pray for me. Sorry for being so long and venting.

Thanks

hotcarmel

"I am an ordinary person, blessed with extraordinary opportunities and experiences"-Sonia Sotomayor

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 8:39am

Yes, of course HotCarmel. Lots of hugs, prayers and positive vibes are being sent to you as we speak.

Please let us know how everything goes. We're here with you.

(((hugs)))

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-29-2009 - 3:12pm

Thanks Poppy!I feel better today. I am getting ready to go visit my family out of town. My little neice is 2 and adorable. I love being with her and her mom. I have a brother in the same area also. I hope to see him also& his family. It will take my mind off things for a few days. I have decided to go on enjoying my life. If I go back to work and they try to fire me, I may have a good wrongful termination case. The more I talk about this the more it frustrates me. So, I must let it go and let God. I have done my part. Have a good weekend!

hotcarmel

"I am an ordinary person, blessed with extraordinary opportunities and experiences"-Sonia Sotomayor

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 8:51am
Sending warm thoughts and hopes for you!
Bren Jay

Superposter -BL500 FYBL
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 9:45pm

Thank you! My first day back wasn't so bad. They have no idea at this time where to assign me. A new employee of like 6 months, has my old cubicle. She told me she wouldn't have moved if she knew I was out on medical leave.

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-04-2009 - 1:45am

I'm glad that your first day at work went well, HotCarmel. I hope that you'll get those papers signed and approved soon, and that you get a better cubicle!