Wednesday Woohoo!

iVillage Member
Wednesday Woohoo!
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 6:35am

Please share with us what you are celebrating, proud of or just plain happy about this week!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 6:40am

I'll start:

A project that I thought was going to stall for a long time is moving ahead on step this week as I meet with a key person to discuss my concepts.

Someone made me feel pretty and attractive. It's awakened parts of me that had been dormant for a long time. It feels good to feel good about oneself.

Another project that I am working on is also taking one step forward as we discuss this seriously tomorrow over lunch. Yay!

This week I am happy being me :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 8:00am

I got to see 2 of my online and now IRL sistahs over the weekend! We met here on iV and the relationships that have formed constantly blow me away! It was great hugging their necks! in fact alll the hugging and laughing we did in about 14 short hours was worth every minute of the total of 22 hours driving time! (The 2 hours I was *lost* though weren't quite that happy, she said laughing in retrospect!)

My youngest made the trip with me to meet his *cousin* just 2 eeks younger than he is. He was great! Even when we were lost, he didn't complain as much as I thought he would! lol It was a much needed chance to just be together! He mentioned how we don't do many things together any more. As a pre-teen, I simply figured he didn't want to! What self-respecting 11 year old boy really wants to spend time with his Mom?!? Turns out, mine does! Woo-Hoo! He even took the opportunity to teach me a few things on our journey and listened long and deep. What a kid!

Then Monday night, I got to see, meet and hug my favorite witchy author, Ellen Dugan. She was warm, witty and wise! My outlook on my path is all fired up as I've put some of the things she spoke about into action.

Life is so very wonderful on this First Wednesday of June.

Love to all,

Bren Jay

Superposter -BL500 FYBL
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-04-2009 - 2:03am

How wonderful to have met your online/RL sistas! Woohooooo!

I think 10 to 11 year old boys are... hmm... surprising. I had always thought like you, but sometimes it seems that they really do want and like to spend alone time to talk and discuss. The first time my nephew declared that we should watch TV before bed but that we should just talk for a couple of hours, I stared and stared and stared at him to make sure that the aliens hadn't abducted the original and substituted him with an ET or a robot LOL! He boy did he talk. No grunting, or eye rolls or switching off. *He* was doing the talking. So here's to our young men!

I think I've seen a couple of Ellen Dugan's books - I was thinking of giving them to my friend Em. Which ones did you like or do you use?

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-04-2009 - 8:23am

The running joke about the trip was that Jay *tooted* through the entire state of Vermont and halfway across NY - both ways! LOL I tried to keep reminding him we were in a car - not a motorboat! Surprising? That's an understatement if I EVER heard one! LOL

Um - I have about 6 - or will have by the end of the day since I'm picking up another today! LOL!! My faves are Natural Witchery, 7 Days of Magick, and Green Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up & Garden Withes Herbal - all quite excellent and written with humor and candor!

Bren Jay

Superposter -BL500 FYBL