Thursday Threes

iVillage Member
Thursday Threes
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 6:21pm

Name three women in your life that inspire you....

Three positive things that have happened so far in 2010...

Three

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
In reply to: suffy_78
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 6:31pm

1- My friend Esther who is always trying, and never listening to those who say she can't/ My mother, who left my world 18 years ago but still inspires me to this day with her perseverance and willpower and always Oprah.

2-I was reminded of the wonderful friends I have, I lost four pounds by going to the gym and not being mental about dieting, and I learned to love myself just the way I am.

3-I want to lose a little more weight, maybe three more pounds by the end of January, I want to finish correcting a load of assignments I was handed last week and I want to regain full power in my left arm.

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-21-2010 - 11:27pm
Name three women in your life that inspire you
My mother. She is strong, courageous, generous and she is not afraid to expand her horizons. She's also a character and has a good sense of humour!

A friend of my parent's, S. Strong, independent, leading her own life whilst building a life and a marriage with her husband, very successful in her careers whilst supporting her husband's own high-flying and high profile career. She's a mentor to many, and a good friend to many more.

It's difficult to chose a third person. A lot of women inspire me. They are mostly unknown to the general public. They do what they feel they have to do in order to make their world a much better one for everyone, and they are willing for put in the effort, time, energy for it as well as going out of their comfort and sometimes safety zones.

Three positive things that have happened so far in 2010
I got to see my Supreme Being Child. She's grown so much since the last time I saw her. She has a twinkle in her eyes which I hope she will never lose.

I bought my plane ticket - beach week-end here I come! It's still in another month, but at least I'm clearing that week-end for me!

I just realized how dear some people have become to me. I am lucky to have them in my life as my good friends.

Three things you want to achieve by the end of the month.

Hmm... for me it's already the end of the month since I am working on February stuff. I need to get a lot of work things out of the way and sorted out. That's the main bulk, but there are a few smaller goals within that. I need these out of the way so that I can play more in February ;-)

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-21-2010 - 11:35pm

Congratulations on the weight loss, and especially for loving yourself the way your are :-)

What happened to your arm?