I know you!

iVillage Member
I know you!
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 11:12am

Super recognizers are those who always recognize people even though they might have only seen or met these people for a few minutes several years ago.

Do you easily recognize people you've met or do you have difficult remembering them if there wasn't something out-of-the-ordinary attached to these people or the circumstances?

If you were to bump into or see someone famous in the street that you've only seen in photos or movies or on TV, do you easily recognize them?

Those who have gone to some sort of reunion, was it easy for you to recognize people you went to school or had worked alongside with?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 12:13pm
Do you easily recognize people you've met or do you have difficult remembering them if there wasn't something out-of-the-ordinary attached to these people or the circumstances? Some people I recognize and remember, even if there were no extraordinary things that struck my mind that would help me remember them. Other people I forget quite easily. If we've been introduced, I'll remember more easily.

If you were to bump into or see someone famous in the street that you've only seen in photos or movies or on TV, do you easily recognize them? Hah. I didn't recognize Brad Pitt as he was walking down my street. He was just someone gorgeous (who knew he looked good) emitting very self-confident and happy vibes. I probably wouldn't have recognized Steven Spielberg either if my dinner companions would not have pointed him out and the trattoria people being super excited! I didn't recognize my country's then-foreign minister (he's only been on the job for a few years by then). Older ladies with big hair make me nervous because I always worry that they might be a friend of my parents' that I don't recognize.

Those who have gone to some sort of reunion, was it easy for you to recognize people you went to school or had worked alongside with? Some people were easy to reconize, others were harder!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 12:28pm

I am horrible with faces and names. I have a really hard time remembering people who I've only met once or twice.

My son on the other hand is a whiz. We can be watching a random movie and he'll say "look - that guy was in Band of Brothers, in the 3rd show, he was drinking a glass of water in the background" LOL He has an uncanny memory for recognition!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 4:14pm

Do you easily recognize people you've met or do you have difficult remembering them if there wasn't something out-of-the-ordinary attached to these people or the circumstances? === I do not recognize people easily

If you were to bump into or see someone famous in the street that you've only seen in photos or movies or on TV, do you easily recognize them? === I don't think so.

Those who have gone to some sort of reunion, was it easy for you to recognize people you went to school or had worked alongside with? === I don't go to reunions of people *I* knew but I have watched people at DH's HS reunions and they didn't recognize him the first few reunions (10, 15 and 20 yars) he reveled in that! Now that he's on the committee, his face is better known...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Has the recession really led us to make do instead of just throw away?
January is
Get Organized Month!
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 11:05pm

Do you easily recognize people you've met or do you have difficult remembering them if there wasn't something out-of-the-ordinary attached to these people or the circumstances?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 10:55am
I have a really difficult time placing people if I bump into them in a different context from where I know them from. I don't even know who most celebrities are these days, never mind recognizing them if I bumped into them in the street, and I've never been to a reunion. If I did, I'd probably recognize people with no problem, since the context would be "right".

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 2:07am

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 10:54pm

Your son is a super recogniser then: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8474827.stm

Does he also have a photographic memory? I am wondering whether it's inter-related.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 10:57pm

I guess it was a good thing that people didn't recognize your husband, then?

Friends from HS don't quite recognize me. As my cousin's cousin once said, "You look sophisticated now" which implies that I really was geeky looking in HS ROFL!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 11:01pm

That's hilarious that you didn't recognize your old crush! But people do change... and our tastes change, too.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 11:04pm

I barely know who the celebrities are here in Indonesia, so when someone mentions a name or pints to a person I am clueless as to who they are, what they do and why I ought to be excited LOL.

Pages