Stepping Out

iVillage Member
Stepping Out
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 1:23am

Do you like to step out of your comfort zone from time to time? What has doing so brought you?

Do you think that you will undertake an activity in 2010 that will take you out of your comfort zone?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 2:21am
Do you like to step out of your comfort zone from time to time? What has doing so brought you? From time to time I like to step out of my comfort zone. I think there might be a very mild maso streak in me somewhere as I really like my comfort zone as it's very comfortable and cozy here - food's good, bed's comfortable and sometimes there's even Champagne! But once in a while I need to prove to myself that I can do new things and that it will be good for me! One year it was conquering my fear of dogs (ok, I was just slightly under pressure and guilt goes a long way when a human being *and* a dog are both making puppy eyes are you at the same time), another time it was learning belly dancing (even though I've taken dancing lessons before and had performed before).

Do you think that you will undertake an activity in 2010 that will take you out of your comfort zone? If my knees are nice to me, I am running this year. I don't know why I need to challenge myself in this way. I even told a friend of mine I was going to run in her honour.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 2:33am

Do you like to step out of your comfort zone from time to time? What has doing so brought you? === not really (I'm a cowrad, truthflly) although when I have, I have learned so much about the world!

Do you think that you will undertake an activity in 2010 that will take you out of your comfort zone? === Joining the Bead Journal Project and a quilting guild are as adventurous as I am planning to be this year.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Has the recession really led us to make do instead of just throw away?
January is
Get Organized Month!
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 3:46am
Moving is definitely stepping out of my comfort zone. Moving always represents a lot of work and stress in order to get everything done on time. Luckily the move will only be two hours away and it will be to a city that I love, so this is something that I am actually looking forward to. It's just actually packing up and moving and having to set up a new home elsewhere that I'm not looking forward to.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 11:23am

Occasionally, I think it makes me braver.

My next foray into stepping outside of my comfort zone will be heading to the movies solo.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 4:06pm

Do you like to step out of your comfort zone from time to time? What has doing so brought you?

Hmmm, Not really. I am generally quite content WITHIN my comfort zone. BUT this year I vow to step outside and really try to challenge myself. Last year I started running and it brought me a great sense of accomplishment and a realization that stepping outside of my comfort zone does not result in a lack of control, and that I can likely accomplish a lot more than I think I can.

Do you think that you will undertake an activity in 2010 that will take you out of your comfort zone?

Yes!! I am running my very first 10K on my 40th birthday! I am doing it because I know that I can push myself to do this, and while I wouldn't say I relish the thought of running 10K, I am looking forward to the sense of accomplishment!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 12:07pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 1:13pm

Taking the first step in friendships is stepping out of my comfort zone. I have gained some great friends that way. :o)

~

Thank you, Dedi, for Avery's great sig!

> >
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 9:50am
I wish I could say I often step put of my comfort zone but I don't. I am afraid I love it here within the zone! I know I shoudln't be so complacent about challenging myself but I guess I am a bit lazy when it comes to actually trying to do stuff that are new. It isn't fear of challenge or change, just oure laziness I am afraid!

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 7:34pm

These are probably the most wonderful question I have *Ever* seen on iV!! You are so wonderful, Poppy!

Do you like to step out of your comfort zone from time to time? <^> Do I like to? No freakin' way!!!<^> What has doing so brought you? <^>let's see - ok - Lots and LOTS of stress! Not to mention uncomfortable, extended periods of time with an enormous amount self-doubt and beating myself up as to just why I'm so freakin' stupid to even think I could puul whatever it is I'm trying to work through. And when it gets to the harshest point, that's when I know I'm doing what I'm s'posed to be doing.

Do you think that you will undertake an activity in 2010 that will take you out of your comfort zone? <^>'09 and going back to school was what I thought was my max at being within a discomfort zone - but I'm loving this study! And I can't wait til I get to the next step in this whole process (Thankfully, about 15 weeks away while I finish my classroom work) - GASP!!! - Which will be actually working in a dr's office with patients and stuff. At the same time, I think my biggest comfort zone is one that says "I'll fail." BUT *^*THIS*^* time - I'm not going to settle for failure! I know I can do what I've set out to do and that I can do it well! I can't think of anything more out my comfort zone much more than that! Success instead of failure - who'd a thunk it?!?

Bren Jay

Superposter -BL
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 4:00am

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

Pages