Tuesday Twos

iVillage Member
Tuesday Twos
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 5:32am

I woke up this morning with no energy whatsoever and a bad infection. I skipped the gym and realised that my attack of overeating last night must have been my body telling me that something did not feel right (i.e.the infection).
Anyhow....
It's Tuesday and time for our Tuesday Twos....

What two things can you do to make yourself feel better when you are down, physically or emotionally? (Looking for tips here, girls :))

Name two things you will do this week towards finding your best life.....

Love to all of ye...

Photobucket

Photobucket 

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: suffy_78
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 9:41pm
I need to get myself to the gym. I have been promising myself that for a while now its been a couple of weeks.
Glitter Graphics

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 10:13pm

I think that there's a bug going around. I woke up this morning not feeling well, either, but I'm hoping that it'll go away soon.

Two things that make me feel better:

1. Ginger tea. It's fragrant, it warms and soothes my stomach. For someone else it might be hot milk or hot cocoa. I think we need warmth when we are in that situation.

2. When I am down emotionally or physically tired, a good massage that can loosen the coils of tension and exhaustion. When I am ill, a bowl of hot soup and a nap.

Two things I am planning to do this week in order to find my best life:

1. A swim - I've been wanting to swim for some time now and I think that Friday might be a good day!

2. Make myself grilled vegetables. My body likes vegetables. It gets the same kind of tingly feeling as it gets from alcohol. Weird, I know, but I guess it likes vegetables LOL!

I hope you get better soon, Suffy!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 12:00am

What two things can you do to make yourself feel better when you are down, physically or emotionally? - getting outside
having chocolate!

Name two things you will do this week towards finding your best life.....
be supportive of DH - it's hard to be happy when he's miserable!
encourage DH to start looking for employment! (not worrying about our current financial situation would be a plus)

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 5:03am

A fitness instructor once told me that the trick to going to the gym is having your bag ready the night before. I have a medium sized bag that I received free with a magazine and in it are the keys to my gym locker,

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 5:11am

I hope you feel better soon Poppy.

The last time I had ginger was around Chrsitmas. I had fallen ill and was expecting my brother in and did not want to be sick while he was here. The ginger worked like a charm! In a

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 6:28am

(((((hugs)))))

I'm sending you and your husband lots of positive vibes as well as new job vibes, too. It's too bad we can't teleport - there's chocolate in the fridge and good ones, too!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 6:31am

Great advice, Suffy!

It was easier to go to the gym when someone was waiting for me. In my case, it was a cab that I had ordered the night before, and/or a personal trainer. When I was walking a lot, having a walking buddy was great. Neither of us could roll back into bed saying, "Tomorrow" if we knew that the other was going to be waiting outside.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 6:35am

I am feeling better, thanks.

I'll have to try your ginger tea recipe one day soon, Suffy. Normally I just steep the ginger with the tea, or throw it in the water as it's boiling.

I wouldn't mind a glass of wine or beer with the roasted veggies. Or a glass of chocolate martini ;-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 4:48pm
Chocolate martini...now that is something I have to try!!

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:50pm

Yes, definitely!

You need to coat the rim of a martini glass with some chocolate (dip a cold glass in melted chocolate, return to fridge to have it set. Then prepare your martini and add a chocolate Baci or a Hershey's Kiss insde :-)

We had a lychee martini the other day which was not bad at all (especially since they had the buy 2 get one 3 and there were three of us!)

Pages