Wednesday Wine and Cheese

iVillage Member
Wednesday Wine and Cheese
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 6:41am

No, not whine this Wednesday but some nice wine and a plate of cheese. If you don't like wine, there are other drinks as well as other snacks, too. Take a seat and make yourself comfortable!

So how has your week been so far? Is everything okay at home and at work? Are you expecting snow in the coming days? What are you looking forward to this week-end? Are you going out for Valentine's Day or staying in? Are you making a gift for your sweetie or did you buy him something?

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 5:17pm

I like this approach!

Mug of black coffee next to me and a mini cherry crumble, along with a box of cookies. Yes I am binging again and I don't know why. I do this everytime I start to lose weight. I work very very hard to shift the first ten pounds and when I do I binge like crazy.

So far, the week is not that terrific. DH and I are on a peace keeping mission and are working, yet again, on us. DD is brewing some sort of an infection and doesn't look too well. I myself am down with a UTI and ,

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 6:36pm
No wine thanks but definitely will have the cheese please,
Well let's see we just had about 4 inches of snow Tuesday.
Some light coming in Friday night, more/heavier Saturday evening ::sigh::
DH will be out of town, returning Satuday .. um I guess weather pending ::gasp::
Youngest DS will be home this weekend too.
Hoping he can get back to work safely Sunday.
Other than that .. life goes on :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 11:31pm

Are you feeling unwell? Sometimes we do go off and eat things that we usually don't because we're craving comfort.

I am glad to hear that your friend isn't going to transfer after all. Yay!

How is your daughter right now? I hope that she is feeling better. I hope that your peacekeeping mission is successful. Relationships take hard work! As happy as my parents' marriage was, and as easy as they made it look, my mother said that it took hard work from both of them to reconcile the differences that made them go crazy, appreciate the ones that gave more value to the relationship, and to remind themselves that they loved each other very much. I have to say though, that a few years ago my mother would go on solo trips for a few days every so often, to recharge and ground herself.

I hope that you and your daughter get well soon!

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 11:35pm

Is your husband already out-of-town or did his trip get cancelled due to the storms? It'll be nice to have both your husband and your younger son home for the week-end! I hope that weather and road conditions will be clear so that your son won't have any problems going home to you and then back where he lives and works.

What would you like to drink to go with the cheese plate?

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 12:04am
Thank you Poppy,
DH had some delays but made it safe & sound ..
Now we just have to get him back home Saturday ..
As well as getting youngest back to his place Sunday with snow predicted.
Never a dull moment, LOL
With my cheese plate would love something with vodka ::blush::

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 12:17am

Sending you clear road and clear weather for the week-end vibes, Hugs.

I would have never guessed that you were a vodka woman! Woohoo! Absolut or Smirnoff? I don't have any of the flavoured ones, though. Have you tried those?

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 10:05am
I have tried the flavored ones,
Some are tastier than others
Wine makes me feel ill which is why I had to turn to something, LOL
Absolut for me please .. do you like vodka ?
Thanks on the clear weather vibes .. most appreciated :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 12:00am

All take some wine or just a good cup of coffee. I'll nibble on what ever in front of me.

I start nursing classes on Monday and I should be done by the first part of March. Then I can get a job as the nursing home/manor here. This is what I have to do for the short-term.

We have been getting about half inch to an inch of snow a day, for about a month now.

Winter Siggy

Coexist1998WritingPennies

Fall
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 6:11am
That is an excellent step forward Jenny. I am a nurse myself and even on days when I absolutely hate it, I know that I am blessed to have this job that will always put food on my table and allow me to interact with people. Good for you.

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 9:32am

How did your move go, Jenny?

That's good that you are starting tomorrow. It'll keep you busy, and you'll know that you are learning a new set of skills and knowledge. So what's a manor? And are there many nursing homes in the area?

That makes for a lot of snow!

Pages