Finding Your Best Life

iVillage Member
Finding Your Best Life
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 8:04pm
What this phrase means ?
Do u think how can we find it?
I think about this alot but I'm not reach for any thing what about u?
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 11:52pm

Hi Rooka!

Finding your best life means finding a way to live the best life you can have each day. None of us have perfect lives, where every thing and every one is happy, where there are no problems or heartaches or illnesses. Our happiness and our best lives will not begin when everything is perfect, because perfection is only a moment in time that starts to break down as soon as it is built so that it can create another moment of perfection.

Despite the imperfections, each day is full of opportunities and little moments that do make us happy, that help us be our best self and live our best life. Happy moments are the ones where you get to hug your mother, when you've share something with your best friend, when a child has made you laugh, when someone gave you a compliment, when you did well in your exam or when you got a good grade. It might last only a few seconds or a few minutes, but when you add it up you begin to realize that there are quite a few good moments each day.

It's also living your best each day, and asking yourself, "What do I have to focus on today to make it a good day for me and the ones I love?". Just focus on today :-)

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-19-2010 - 4:13pm
Hi Poppy
I see today is so boring , and i can't find any interesting thing to do
No life and no love
Life became money.. just money no feelings , no sincerity . I'm at ayoung age i feel depressed
you know I'm thinking to go to psychiatrist .......
I feel strange feeling ,i want alot of things but it's too far so i can't find my life
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 1:16am

If you are feeling lost and depressed, going to see a therapist, maybe a psychologist, will help you understand where the depression is coming from, teach you coping skills and help you move forward.

Yes, a lot of things are about money, but that doesn't mean that it has to control our lives. There are a lot of things that don't need money to be enjoyed. You can borrow a book from the library or from friends, the same with a DVD. Taking a walk by yourself or with people whom you like is also something nice to do. A picnic? Go to a museum? What about going on the internet and discovering new things there.

We all want a lot of things, but most times it takes planning and doing a few things before what we want is within reach. After all, it's taking you a few years to go to tourism school, and it took you 12 years of schooling to even be able to go to tourism school :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 5:08pm
Hi Poppy
thanks for your advices but unfortunately this people who make me sad and feel that money is controlling our lives and our feelings .....oh i became sad person since short time i was so funny and always smile now i'm so boring , you know since i corresponded you all my discussions were Complaints , it's not my character but i don't know what's happen with me , but it's relaxed feel to talk to some one unknown you thanks alot .

Edited 2/23/2010 5:09 pm ET by rooka2010
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:21am

Sometimes life does change and things become more difficult. Please know that your funny and smiling self is still there - you just have to make more effort to let it out.

Maybe you can dedicate 30 minutes a day to doing things that makes you smile. It can be 30 minutes at one go, or 3 x 10 minutes so that you can do different things. It can be talking to a friend who always knows how to make you smile and laugh. it can be reading a funny book. It was be sharing a nice talk with family members. It can be eating an ice cream cone or watching a TV comedy, reading a book or watching a movie.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 10:42am
You're right...life has it's troubles and it's fun as well . I'm now more better 'thanks god' when i let my bad memories go away and found out that my bad mood recently affect on my relationships any way it's my defeatist and i get out of it