Tea on Thursday

iVillage Member
Tea on Thursday
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 12:04am

What kind of tea do you drink?
How do you take your tea? Black? White? Sugar?
Would you like some scones, finger sandwiches or some crepes with your tea?

What are the things you are happy about in 2010?

What are you looking forward to in March?

And the things you aren't quite looking forward to?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 4:37am

Interesting questions Poppy!

I am not a huge tea fan, but I have black tea with no sugar

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 9:45am
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 10:06am

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 12:27pm

What kind of tea do you drink? - usually black (not particular about the brand)
How do you take your tea? Black? White? Sugar? - again, usually black but occasionally I'll add a splash of milk
Would you like some scones, finger sandwiches or some crepes with your tea? - not necessary, but I wouldn't turn them down

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 2:40pm

What kind of tea do you drink?
I drink black, green and herbal tea.

How do you take your tea? Black? White? Sugar?
Black tea I drink iced with nothing added. With green and herbal tea I drink them hot with some honey added.

Would you like some scones, finger sandwiches or some crepes with your tea?
With hot tea I might have something special. I drink iced tea I drink it all the time. I grew up drinking tea the way kids these days grow up drinking soda. And I always drank it without sugar, which is almost sacrilegious here in the south!

What are the things you are happy about in 2010?
Mainly that we will be moving this year.

What are you looking forward to in March?
Taking a trip to Charleston to check out apartments and to see my best friend, whom I haven't seen in three years. She's coming up here for a reunion with some friends and I'll be able to see her.

And the things you aren't quite looking forward to?
The fact that my brother and SIL will be here for my mother's birthday. Hopefully that will be the last visit with the demon couple before I move.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 1:17am

Our jasmine tea doesn't really qualify as herbal since it's normal black tea with some jasmine in it.

So you can get back to work next week? That's really great!!! Have you had to go to PT sessions in the meantime?

That's really good that you are still going to the gym. At some point that part of you that sabotages the weight loss by binging will figure out that you aren't not going to back down and listen to it, and hopefully the power it has over you will wane.

Go Suffy Go!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 1:40am

Yay for your sons having jobs this year, even if it takes one of them out-of-state (but hey, that means that you get to go on mini-breaks for a visit LOL).

Sorry to hear that your neighbours are going through stuff. I hope that it won't affect you much.

Sending you warm and sunny weather vibes!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 1:43am

Thanks Poppy. I am attending physiotherapy but still no news on resuming work. I have been off for too long in my opinion but hey, there must be a positive side to all of this.

The gym is turning in to a battle. I do go, but I am half heartedly exercising and only manage half a circuit with around 10 minutes of cardio. There is just no motivation to go at all and the weight is slowly creeping on again :(

What a Monday morning, but listen. This will be a good week. It HAS to be.

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 1:45am

That's really good that you are in a place where you've learned and are able to resolve conflicts in a peaceful and healthy way. Some people see conflict as black or white, win or lose, forgetting that there's perhaps a solution for a win-win situation if people just want to sit down, listen to each other, and make a few concessions.

Lots of good things happening to you and your loved ones, HotCarmel. That is heart-warming! Congratulations to you sister and BIL on their anniversary - 35 years is a long time! And congratulations on the bonuses as well as the shorter work week. What are you going to do with your extra time?

How are things going with the math tutor?

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 1:50am

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Prayers and positive vibes going your way, Jackie. I hope that your husband gradually comes out of his gloom and starts feeling more positive about his situation.

Pages