Beach beach beach beach beach!

iVillage Member
Beach beach beach beach beach!
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 12:32pm

Hugs has been making jealous with her trips to the beach so I am taking one of my own:-)

This is the first real break that I have in 5 years. It feels so strange. It's very much welcome, though especially since I'm upset about work (more of that next week).

When was the last time you went to the beach? Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? Summer vacations or winter ones?

And what do you do during your beach vacations?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 2:07am

Hi Poppy,

When was the last time you went to the beach? Last August I took a vacation in southern California. I Love the Pacific ocean!

Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? Beach!

Summer vacations or winter ones? I would love to take a winter vacation but never have.

And what do you do during your beach vacations? I ate Japanese, Mexican, Italian, and American foods.
also I went to the desert, snorkeling, and the movies.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 1:30pm
I love both the mountains and the beach. Every summer while I was growing up my family would rent a beach house and stay there for a week. My father and I would get up before sunrise and he'd fish while I walked the beach and gathered shells. We'd get fresh seafood right off the boats and cook it up in the house. At night we'd play cards or Yahtzee. Sometimes we'd go into town, but most of the time we spent it on the beach itself.

When I started grad school I moved to Tennessee. My ex and I went camping and hiking a lot in the Smoky Mountains and sometimes went to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. Given the choice I will take the beach over the mountains. And to be honest I really don't like vacations in either summer or winter. I prefer fall or spring. The weather is easier on me then.
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-25-2010 - 1:38pm

What & you didn't ask if I wanted to go ::gasp::
So glad you are getting to go Poppy,
Do enjoy & Yummy crab!

We love the beach as you know.
We were there last summer when we moved oldest DS to Orlando.
I wish we could go on winter/summer vacations.
Just depends & I am sure you know what I mean.
We like to sit & relax on the beavh .. drink in hand

Have a blast & enjoy :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:06am

Oh, Diana, that sounds like a wonderful beach vacation that you had!

Maybe next year you'll get to go on a winter vacation. Do you ski, skate or curl?

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:10am

Fall and spring weather can be easier on the system, I totally agree!

The good thing where we were is that the water was cool. it make a good respite when it got too hot.

I hate it when it's too hot!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:14am

I think that a short beach break now and then is a good thing. There's also the mountain to think about LOL!

I really want to get back into a life where I can take short breaks - a week-end here, a long week-end there and longer vacations two to three times a year. Life gets in the way, but when we don't do anything it's impossible to relax and recharge.

Aaaah... to be in the company of nice people as we watch the sunset, drink in hand. That's a perfect moment right there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:12pm
You're right about those nice/special moments Poppy,
Um .. prefer the beach anyday over the nountains :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 2:36pm

I used to ice skate.

If I took a winter vacation, though, it would be to a warm climate -

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 1:27am

Would you like the beach as much if your son were living somewhere in the mountains ;-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 1:32am

Where would you go, Diana?

Hey, where are those pictures of your artwork?

Pages