Tuesday Treats

iVillage Member
Tuesday Treats
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 6:16pm
A bit late, but I didn't have electricity earlier on so I went to sleep instead LOL!

Something for you to watch: The Lady and The Chocolate.

Do you like chocolate? What kind do you like?

What do you consider a treat? What about a non-food treat?

How good are you with temptation? Can you stop yourself after 4 squares of chocolate or do to tend to finish the whole thing off?

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 9:27pm

I looooooooooooooooooove chocolate!!!!!!

love it love it love it.

My favourite is milk chocolate. Or chocolate brownies. Or reese peanut butter cups....

I actually gave up chocolate for lent. Not sure what I was thinking, but I gave up fast food, chocolate & cookies.

A treat for me is anything like chocolate, candy, french vanilla cappuccino, fast food etc. Or even anything that's healthy but expensive. Like if I got some sushi that would be a treat.

I'm awful with temptation, once I start eating. I would eat a whole row of cookies haha. I'm ok at resisting before I start eating it. Only 5 more weeks to go....

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 12:18am
Yes, I love chocolate. I prefer dark chocolate, but I also like milk chocolate. For me, a food treat is usually something sweet, like a cupcake or some chocolate or mousse. A non-food treat would be going somewhere I enjoy or buying something nice for myself.

As for temptation, I go by the saying: "Don't lead me to temptation. I can find the way by myself."
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 1:47am

You know, I don't live in the US so I've never had Reese Peanut Butter Cups LOL! I will have to look out for these the next time I go to this one little supermarket that has a lot of imported items from the US.

Oh, sushi! I love sushi! I am lucky that sushi isn't that expensive here, so it can be a regular treat.

Giving up chocolate for Lent is tough. Giving up cookies and fast food could be a blessing in disguise at the end of 5 weeks when you step onto the scale. A friend of mine usually gives up alcohol, but some years he only gives up wine but keeps drinking beer :::Poppy rolls her eyes:::

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 1:54am

>>"Don't lead me to temptation. I can find the way by myself."

LOLOL - well, I don't even need to find temptation, it's nearly always at my door ;-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 1:50pm
Yes try to get your hands on reese peanut butter cups. Not reese pieces, it's just not the same ;) I'm hoping the number on the scale won't go down for me since I'm only 105 lbs as it is and trying to bulk up, but I'm hoping it will go down for DH!! Giving up wine but drinking beer is cheating!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-07-2010 - 9:21pm

You are like a friend of mine - her personal trainer told her to gain 5 pounds. She eats a lot (but is incredibly active and has a very fast metabolism), so she thought that that would be easy, but she wants muscle not fat so not as easy as she thought!