We're in March...

iVillage Member
We're in March...
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 12:53am

...and it's nearly spring.

What are you focusing on right now in your life?

Do you have plans for spring?

What do you want to work on or learn in the coming months before summer arrives?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 7:55pm

What are you focusing on right now in your life? GETTING BACK INTO MY FITNESS ROUTINE, AND TRYING

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 10:24pm

Getting/staying fit & healthy

Not really .. not yet, LOL

What do you want to work on or learn in the coming months before summer arrives?
To understand why some people are so hurtful & don't care that they are ..

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 3:14am

Focusing in the future and not on the near past. Telling myself that what I am going through now is a bump in my life path and not a failure in anyways. Thinking of Zig Ziglar's words - failure is an event, never a person; an attitude, not an outcome.

Yes! Lots of them. It's time to get plans B, C, D and E into shape, turn them into projects then transform them into work that brings in money and recognition (uhm, not talking fame here. Just recognition for good work and good idea).

The list is long. Right now I need to work on keeping myself grounded and focused and releasing my anxieties.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 3:16am

Those are very good goals, Jeanette. You take care of so many kids, you need to take care of you, too!

Where are you all going for Spring Break?

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 3:28am

>>To understand why some people are so hurtful & don't care that they are ..

I am trying to understand this, too. For now I'll just accept that some people are hurtful and they don't care that they are. It's a first step. It's a step that will allow me to protect myself and remove myself from their presence when needed.

The extreme manifestation of this kind of behaviour are sociopaths. If sociopaths represent the extreme, every day meanies might be on the other end of the spectrum (well, depending how lacking in empathy and manipulative they are).

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 11:57pm
I am gld to see I am not alone with this Poppy,
It just totally baffles me why people can be so cruel/hurtful :(

It's a first step. It's a step that will allow me to protect myself and remove myself from their presence when needed.
It's not always as simple/easy as that ..
You be surprised how in the cyber world people are like that too :(
Although I guess in RL itis not easy either :(
All we can do is keep trying :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-14-2010 - 8:49am

Oh, in the cyber-world people still think that they can be whatever and however they want. Any proper upbringing, good manners and politeness that they've been taught goes out the window. Suddenly they talk, write and act like unruly, sullen teenagers who want to make their mark. The comments that I read in response to blogs or articles have my jaw on the floor. Would these people talk this way in RL? Have I been living in cocoon or are the people in my life all extremely civilized?

I am sorry, though, that you have to go through this.

((((hugs))))

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-14-2010 - 11:18am
Thanks Poppy,
It's amazing what some people think they can get away with ::sigh::
Sadly they do too ::shaking head::