Thursday: Secret Treats

iVillage Member
Thursday: Secret Treats
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 2:29am

Health magazine surveyed 500 of its readers and found out:

86% of Health readers wait until they’re all alone to eat their favorite indulgent foods.

46% of you have been caught digging into a secret stash.

71% of you say you’ve buried a food wrapper deep in the trash to hide the evidence.

19% of you have snuck something off a friend or spouse’s plate when he or she went to the restroom.

Curious cats would like to know...

Do you have a secret stash of foods and snacks?

What does this stash consist of?

What is the strangest thing you've eaten all alone?

What are your triggers - what makes you run to your secret stash and eat like there's not tomorrow?

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 6:08pm

"Do you have a secret stash of foods and snacks?"

I know it's not Thursday anymore, but we can still pretend .. right?

I don't have a secret stash at the moment ... unless I put those white vanilla baking chips somewhere in my room - can't remember if I put them back in the cupboard or not.

What does this stash consist of? When it do, it's candy & cookies (of course) and sometimes I will stash healthy things that I know will disappear & I won't get any.

What is the strangest thing you've eaten all alone? Wow, I don't know.

What are your triggers - what makes you run to your secret stash and eat like there's not tomorrow?

Sugar cravings.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-14-2010 - 8:20am

My secret stash mainly consists of chips. I LOVE chips.Sigh.

My triggers are emotional ones, especially things that have made me feel bad about myself.

As for strange things I've eaten all on my own... hmm... nothing strange when it comes to stuffing myself silly in a desperate try to emotionally compensate for something. I've heard of people making all sorts of strange mixes, but I'm not like that. I just eat a couple bags of chips or savoury snacks then stop and start again the next day.