Friday Fives - Happiness

iVillage Member
Friday Fives - Happiness
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 1:56am

Have you seen Karla's post below on Happiness? Did you submit your own happy photos? Have you seen some of the happy photos that other iVillagers have shared?

Friday Fives:

What is the simplest thing that brings you the most happiness?

What changes have you made in your life to become a happier person?

What song makes you happy?

What do you do for yourself that makes you happy?

Can money buy your happiness?

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 12:24pm

A beautiful smile.

I've gotten rid of toxic relationships, surrounded myself with people who truly love me, and am clear about my priorities.

It's too difficult to choose only one. The first that comes to my mind is a song by The Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy. It always makes me giggle.

Spend time with the people I love. Pamper myself. Dance. Listen to music. Read.

Probably not, but it can take away some major worries - which in itself increases the happiness factor. It might not buy my happiness but it does contribute to it. Those who say otherwise have not have to count coins before they go grocery shopping.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 1:03pm

A beautiful day

In the past, divorcing my first husband and getting away from him and then marrying DH. In the present, planning a move away from my family.

There is not a particular title, but listening to music that I can dance to makes me happy.

Write, read, play with my cats, belly dance, bead, spend time with DH, go on a trip.

For me, yes, it can. Happiness is a fleeting thing for me. It's not my normal state of being. So spending money on a book or a CD or some new beading supplies makes me happy, if only for a little while.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 10:34pm

Spending money on things that brings us happiness does fall into the category that money can buy happiness, to a certain degree at least.

Have you danced lately? How are your beading projects going?

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 10:53pm
I haven't danced nor beaded in a very long time. I simply don't have the room nor the privacy to do either here in this house. The only room I would have to dance is in the living room and my mother continuously watches TV in there. The only place that I can do my beading is in the dining room, but my mother has the TV so loud that it interrupts my concentration. So once DH and I can move into our own place, I'll be able to take up my hobbies again.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 10:41pm
Friday Fives:
What is the simplest thing that brings you the most happiness? Sharing a laugh with loved ones.

What changes have you made in your life to become a happier person? Looking for the positive in every situation.

What song makes you happy? Just about every song. I love music.

What do you do for yourself that makes you happy? Go to the gym.

Can money buy your happiness? No, but it helps.

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 12:45am

Only a few more months to go before you move :-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 12:47am

Hey Jeanette,

How are you? Are the kiddies keeping you busy? How are they this year?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 7:48pm

Hey, girl! How are you?

My kiddies are keeping me very busy! This is the time of year that we really start to gel. They have become my Mini Me's. BUT, they also get a case of Spring Fever, and start to drive me crazy. I probably drive them crazy, too. It's a love/hate relationship.

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-26-2010 - 4:27am

Spring fever affects everyone LOL! Do you have a break at Easter?

All is... in motion right now. I guess that is the best way that I can describe it.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to teleport ourselves? We could meet up and go see an exhibition somewhere, and then have coffee or an early meal.