Dreams...

iVillage Member
Dreams...
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 1:57am

I am working on a couple of things that would, if I manage to make them work, be a realization of some old dreams of mine.

What are the dreams that you have made come true?

What are the dreams that you are working on now?

What are dreams that you have that you are still waiting for the right time to come to life?

Are there dreams that you've had to let go go?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 9:46am

What are the dreams that you have made come true? When I was little I wanted to either be a businesswoman or a mom, and I have done both. =)

What are the dreams that you are working on now? I am tearing down the wall I have built to filter out things that I see and feel and become more connected spiritually and build traditions with my family...

What are dreams that you have that you are still waiting for the right time to come to life? We are TTC our second child and have been waiting for that to happen for sometime now...

Are there dreams that you've had to let go go? I was born in the wrong decade to become the type of musical artist I enjoy, so I sing to my daughter and hope grows up loving music too...

Photobucket

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 12:46pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 12:54pm

What are the dreams that you have made come true?1) I have owned my own home for 11 years. It wasn't really all that difficult to buy a house. (2)Enjoying the present more everyday. Yes it is great to have goals and plans, but I don't want to be miserable while waiting on them to happen. So, I try to enjoy all the little steps I achieve. Celebrate every step!

What are the dreams that you are working on now?(1) Getting a new career as a teacher going, Pre-K to 1st grade. I strongly prefer Pre-K. I love little ones! I had to reschedule my test, which I lost $90 on. But, I am very confident I will pass it. The tutoring that I got for math has made a huge difference! It will be worth it. (2)Beautifying my current home. I am getting estimates to get new laminate flooring, carpet, paint. I also will start shopping for new furniture. My current employer has been awarding us some really nice bonuses. Which is really an answer to a prayer and a dream come true! I had been praying for some extra money. And this year I have gotten between $600-$1400 extra per month! And there is no cap on bonus! So it is truly a blessing. (3)Adoption:I truly desire to be a mom. I am working on my career as a teacher. It will allow me to spend time with my family. I have been completing applications for children. I would love to have 4 kids. 2 boys and 2 girls. I am going for 2 a boy and

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

Community Leader
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 3:00pm
These are excellent!
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 4:21pm
Don't know about most of these but I do think I've had to give up on world travel due to finances and general difficulty of getting OUT of this place...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

March is National Craft Month!
March 20 is National Quilting Day!
What will be your next remodeling project?
Yes, you can look stylish insweat pants!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 8:58pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-23-2010 - 4:09pm

The only one that comes to mind as having happened is owning a used book store (it lasted about 5 years before

~Jackie

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-23-2010 - 5:05pm

Having a good marriage, working with animals

What are the dreams that you are working on now?
Living in a city that I love, getting another job with animals, moving into a place of my own

What are dreams that you have that you are still waiting for the right time to come to life?
Travel to Ireland

Are there dreams that you've had to let go go?
Getting a graduate degree

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-23-2010 - 10:43pm

What are the dreams that you have made come true? I managed to work my way through college & become an RN. Paid off all those loans & made a rewarding career out of nursing. That was MY dream & not my family's. I recall my parents saying it wasn't necessary for a girl to go to school. She could get married & allow a man to keep her. LOL

What are the dreams that you are working on now? Always learning more. I am taking a psych nursing refresher course(30 contact hours) as well as substance abuse(32 contact hours) course.

What are dreams that you have that you are still waiting for the right time to come to life? My soulmate. Though I am wondering if there really is such a person. Old age has made me skeptical;)

Are there dreams that you've had to let go go? Yes. I cannot fix my drug addicted dd):

gem21uk

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 4:32am

Bobbie, congratulations on realizing your childhood dreams of motherhood and being a businesswoman!

Do you have your own business or do you manage one? Are you still a professional singer, too? And what does an Instructional Designer do?

I really like the dreams that you are working on. It's not easy breaking walls (at least not for me) but what bliss there is in feeling spiritually connected to those whom we love and building family traditions!

Pages