Dreams...

iVillage Member
Dreams...
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 1:57am

I am working on a couple of things that would, if I manage to make them work, be a realization of some old dreams of mine.

What are the dreams that you have made come true?

What are the dreams that you are working on now?

What are dreams that you have that you are still waiting for the right time to come to life?

Are there dreams that you've had to let go go?

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 4:35am

Amy, maybe one day you'll get to travel to a dig and volunteer there :-)

Is there a particular era you are interested in?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 4:42am

Those are great accomplishments, HotCarmel!

I am glad that the tutoring is helping you enormously. It really isn't easy to get back to a subject we haven't used or kept up with on a day-to-day basis for years. It must be very exciting to redo your home!

I am sure that you will achieve all of your dreams, HotCarmel, and that you are enjoying and will enjoy each step of the way!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 4:52am

You've accomplished many difficult things in your life, Nightangel. Congratulations! And thank you for being a phone counsellor!

I hope that you will be able to continue with school later this year or next year. I don't know about being a ballerina, but maybe you can take up another kind of dance?

Whilst you don't need a husband or Significant Other to help you raise your children since you brilliantly did that on your own, I hope that one day you will fine someone who will be a good companion for you and a good friend to both your children.

What dreams are you finding difficult to let go of?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 4:54am

Did you dream of having a PhD and living abroad when you were younger, Carol?

Aren't you and your husband going abroad later this year?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 5:00am

Hmm... isn't your 20th anniversary a long way off still? I always have this impression that you are much younger than me and that you cannot have been married that long (unless you got married when you were 16, maybe)!

Do you still ride on a regular basis, though?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 5:03am

Wow... five years for a bookstore is quite a feat already. I know that margins are very, very slim with books and magazines.

Being debt-free is a good project to be working on. Good luck!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 5:05am

I am so excited for you and your husband!!! Only a few more months to go :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 5:16am

Good for you for insisting that you had to go to college and have your own career. I know that the patients that you have helped and treated are thankful you didn't listen to you parents.

Are you planning on looking for a job in either psych nursing or working with those who have an addiction to substance abuse?

IMHO, our soul mate does not have to be our Significant Other. We can have a best friend who is a soul mate, or a pet. I believe that those who are closest to us are most probably our soul mates, and if we believe in the concept of reincarnation, these are the people whom we'll meet again in our next incarnation.

I'm sorry about your daughter. I hope that she's wanting to help herself now.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 9:06am
Pre-history, cave man days.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 1:02pm

No business of my own =) although I do want to open a metaphysical shop here in this southern town I live in, someday...

Right now I am going to school for medical transcription and stay at home with Rhiannon, which after I had her, is all I wanted to do...

An instructional designer is someone who writes training curricula for corporations. I wrote sales/technical training courses for the phone company and worked there for 6 years when I had Rhi. Then the job I loved became my enemy because it took me away from my dd.

I still sing but not professionally. =) I do want to get another piano and teach lessons on a sliding scale at some point...