Dreams...

iVillage Member
Dreams...
Mon, 03-22-2010 - 1:57am

I am working on a couple of things that would, if I manage to make them work, be a realization of some old dreams of mine.

What are the dreams that you have made come true?

What are the dreams that you are working on now?

What are dreams that you have that you are still waiting for the right time to come to life?

Are there dreams that you've had to let go go?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Fri, 03-26-2010 - 9:17am
About the piece of child's pinky bone that was found?

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-27-2010 - 12:46am

Thanks Poppy!It is so exciting and fun to redo my home. By June, I hope to have it all or most of it done. We have a big bonus coming next month. Which was part of why I hadn't done this years ago. I could have put it on credit card, but the card has to be paid off. With the bonus, the new furniture, flooring, paint, will be all mine debt free! My job went back to 8 hour shifts! Thank God! I was working 10-12. So I am spending more time at home and it feels so good! My whole mood has changed! I am a lot more peaceful and joyful now that I have some extra time away from work:) Thanks again for your encouragement.

hotcarmel

"You'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just... SMILE!"-Charlie Chaplin/Performed by Michael Jackson,The greatest entertainer and humanitarian

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-27-2010 - 2:02pm
36, I wished!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-27-2010 - 3:33pm
I was always a psych nurse, but for 5 years in surgery.
I have been wanting to return for sometime now. The refreshers are for on my resume & actually, things change so fast in medicine, that to continue holding my license, I must show proof of continuing education.
TBH, I have good health. Nowadays, they work 10 to 12 hour shifts. In our area, they also swing shifts. Rarely do nurses find work in hospitals or care facilities that have steady day, evening or night shifts. I can't do the long hours or the swing anymore. Not that I'm too good for that, my body can't hold up to it or adjust to the changes. Nursing was never easy, but it seems it's for the young nowadays. I noticed that when my mom had her heart attack. The ICU was staffed w/young nurses. In the olden days, older nurses w/lots of experience staffed. The young 'ens took special training to get into acute care areas. It is NO JOKE when they say patients today are sicker than ever! They need to have one foot in the grave to be admitted & they are dragging that foot out of the grave when they're discharged.
I had big plans to work in a doctor's office. They hire LPN's for that. RN's are too expensive. Some dr's are using medical assistants because all nurses are too expensive:) I have tried the local drug rehabs but they staff w/LPN's. The nursing homes expect RN's to supervise. No direct patient care): I have my name on the federal & state civil service lists. Those jobs are few & far between. They pay well, have good benefits, but they can retire after 25 years. Most of them stick it out. The nurses I graduated from college with, who stayed put in the state hospitals where I worked, retired 10 years ago. If only...sigh. But, I had children & no husband & had to do what was best for us @ the time. I am a bit long-winded today. Off to do my real work, now. Saturday cleaning. LOL jan

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 2:27am
You are still a few years younger than me ;-)

Pages