Friday Five Fun: It's Time to Party!

iVillage Member
Friday Five Fun: It's Time to Party!
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 3:18am

1. You are at a small gathering or dinner with friends, and someone says that it's time to play a game. Do you groan and try to disappear or are you the first to suggest a game?

2. Do you organize your own birthday party, does someone else does or do you expect that someone else - your SO or your BFF for example - will do that?

3. Do you like costumed or themed parties?

4. Do you dance at parties where there is dancing or do you just watch?

5. What are your favourite party foods and drinks?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 9:03pm

1. You are at a small gathering or dinner with friends, and someone says that it's time to play a game. Do you groan and try to disappear or are you the first to suggest a game?
    I groan & moan & definitely try to disappear ::blush::
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 10:24am

Heh heh heh... I also groan and try to disappear when it's game time though sometimes it is fun to play.

Aaaah... a good tomato juice. Most times I prefer a good tomato juice straight and refuse the Bloody Mary.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 10:34am

• You are at a small gathering or dinner with friends, and someone says that it's time to play a game. Do you groan and try to disappear or are you the first to suggest a game?

I break out in sweat and hope that the majority says no to a game. The majority usually wants to play, and I am alone to moan and groan. Usually I try to volunteer as a cheerleader, umpire, score keeper, banker, whatever. When playing Trivia I am the person they are allowed to consult if they don't know the answer (yes, we've changed the rules a bit LOL.)

• roman,times,serif">Do you organize your own birthday party, does someone else does or do you expect that someone else - your SO or your BFF for example - will do that?

It depends. The year before last a friend of mine organized a dinner for me. Last year I organized my own party. This year a small group of friends showed up for a surprise lunch. When I turned 40 I organized and catered for my own party.

• roman,times,serif">Do you like costumed or themed parties?

I am not so hot on these, but I always come up with good themes and ideas. I think we already have a handful of themes for this year, though it's unclear whether we are going to proceed or not since I want a smaller party and some friends want to make a huge production.

• roman,times,serif">Do you dance at parties where there is dancing or do you just watch?

It depends. If I have a very good dancing partner, I'll dance till morning.

• roman,times,serif" style="color: rgb(69, 195, 111);">What are your favourite party foods and drinks?

I am not picky at all! As long as it's good and there's enough I'm happy.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-25-2010 - 3:49am

I stick around and see what the game is. If it is something too stupid for me, I will not participate and just watch. Otherwise, I am game!

2. Do you organize your own birthday party, does someone else does or do you expect that someone else - your SO or your BFF for example - will do that? I organized my 40th this past August. It was bittersweet. I would have loved to have someone else do it. But my family turned out to be unreliable. Still it was a great party!I only turn 40 once.

3. Do you like costumed or themed parties?
    I love both. I haven't been invited to any. AT my birthday party we had madi gras masks to honor Michael Jackson. When he was alive he tried to protect his kids from the media lynch mob, by having them wear masks out in public.

Chelle-

Amour-Propre