Love or Relish?

iVillage Member
Love or Relish?
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 10:15pm

Do you love your alone time or do you always feel lonely when you aren't with other people?

When do you feel lonely?

When you are alone, do you feel left out, unliked or unpopular?

What do you like about your along time? What do you do?

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 10:24pm

Do you love your alone time or do you always feel lonely when you aren't with other people?
I love my alone time. I have to have it in order to function well.

When do you feel lonely?
Very seldom.

When you are alone, do you feel left out, unliked or unpopular?
I used to, when I was younger.

What do you like about your along time? What do you do?
I can do whatever I want with no interruptions. If I want to read or play a computer game or simply surf the Net, I can do that without people interfering and/or constantly asking me what I'm doing. I don't get people chit chatting at me. If I want noise I can play a loud computer game or play music. Or I can have a quiet environment, if I prefer.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 12:22am

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 1:23am
Hello,
Since I am introverted, I handle, or at least I weould like to guess that I do, handle my lone time pretty well. Actually, I love my alone time. There are moments that I feel "lonely." Especially if I am going through some struggles.
During my alone time, I usually feel good because of the unrestraint that goes with it.
My activities during my alone times usually varies. O
Community Leader
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 3:06pm

When I saw the title of this I had to laugh...I really wondered if you wanted us to pick one or the other and I thought for myself, personally I would choose "Relish" over "Love"...

Now I realize I misunderstood but I got a good laugh...;)

Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 9:31pm

I couldn't have said it better myself, Nancy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 9:43pm

Yes, it is tough being and living alone when one has had a hard day, or going through a heartbreak and other similar situations.

One of the things I really do miss about being in a relationship with someone is being able to lean on them when I need support, and not feeling that I'm all alone to face whatever it is. I know I handle things well, but knowing that he's there for me is a huge huge huge safety net and comfort blanket.

But I like my alone time, too!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 10:00pm

Hi Beauty!

I wish right now I can think of a better term for people who like being and are comfortable alone that isn't loner.

There are so many combinations possible, aren't there? My dad was an introvert and a loner who enjoyed spending time with people. He really, really liked it when people would come for a party or for dinner at home. He didn't need to participate in the talks, but he enjoyed being with people. He also had a lot of alone time. My mother is an extrovert - the kind who talks to everyone - but she also needs and loves her alone time. She also loved to travel alone, too. My brothers and I flip between being extroverts and introverts, but they are much better at being extroverts than I am. Hmm... they are very charming. I am klunky with charm ha ha ha ha!

Have a great week-end, Sweet Beauty!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 10:05pm
LOL - maybe we'll have other Love or Relish threads. Or Ketchup and Relish ones ;-)

Community Leader
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 3:00pm

lol...I really did think you were serious and I thought mmm...relish would be my choice right now...;)

I love mustard and ketchup to and onions...lol...

:)

Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 4:46am
Hi,
Yes I am very introverted, I enjoy my alone time. At the same time though, I am not socially awkward and can enjoy the company of others. So, there's a need for flexibility in my life. I hope I am making some sense? Lol!