Moms

iVillage Member
Moms
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 10:44am
Aside from the fact that she's *your* mom, what makes or made your mom such a special and unique person?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 9:31pm

Wonderful question Poppy! I don't know really where to start! There were so many great things about my Mom!

1)She gave birth to a healthy baby girl at 46. I turned 40 last August. Back in 1969 women werent' that much into having babies in their 40's.

2)Having 12 healthy pregnancies, including me the last child.

3)Her optimistic outlook. When I was younger and going through a lot of hard times financially she would say, "It's not going to be like this always". I had just graduated from college in the late 80's and there was a horrible recession. I had to wait tables and work at a local supermarket. I was around 21 and I couldn't see past the present and had a "doom&despair" outlook on the future. She believed more in me at that time, then I did in myself.

4)My mom was a world class cook&homemaker! A lot of people say that about their moms, but mine was certified pro!

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 11:11pm
My Mom "knew" me and let me "be" me... even though I wasn't a typical girl of my generation.I miss her (she died in 1963)

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 10:44am

My mom is VERY loyal and loving. I know without a doubt that she loves me and always will. I was deathly afraid of coming out to her, but she was instantly accepting. I am very lucky to have her in my life.

My mother is also a lot of fun to be around. We always have happy times together. And, she is concerned about my well-being and is always willing to help when I or my kids need it.

I wouldn't call my mother my best friend, but I would say she is one of the very few people I enjoy being around 24/7.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 12:46pm
Despite whatever has been against her at various times (single mom, car accident, unemployment, losing her own parents, moving across the state to care for her infirm brother, remarriage, my teen pregnancy, my brother running away, etc.) she has always been there to support my brother & I despite our choices and whether she approves or not.

Community Leader
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 3:23pm

She was (she passed away many years ago at Christmas) a very special person to me and I miss her a lot.

<3

Nightangel
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 6:49pm
I never really had a close relationship with my mother, but it's getting a bit better. Her age, plus the fact that her bladder cancer has returned (She was diagnosed several years ago, but overcame it) has caused her to realize that life

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 10:31pm
She has a great sense of humor, she's helpful, kind and giving.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 10:47pm
She is very smart and honest!

Photobucket

*Thank you Katie (hubbswifey) for my siggie!*

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

*Thank you Liz (cavenyee) for my siggie!*
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 8:27am
My Mom always faced life with a lot of courage. She was tiny in body, but not in spirit. At the end of her life she amazed me. As each new physical limitation came, she struggled against it as long as she could and then quietly accepted it and remained content with the things that she still could do.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 7:19pm
She's the kindest person I know...never a negative word about anyone and ever-so-patient

~Jackie

Pages