Wednesday Wishes
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 7:11am

What are you wishing this Wednesday?

Do you think it'll come true?

Can you make it come true?

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 9:42pm

Right now I am wishing for a quiet day, and a quiet week for next week.

I'll get the quiet day - even the quiet week-end as it's a holiday today and we've declared it a long week-end. Friends are away, too. Next week I don't know. My nephew has another set of exams (ugh), and there are a lot of things to do for work.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 11:19pm
What I always wish,
My sons find some nice woman for their GF's .
Nope I have no control over it :(
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 2:19am

Sorry for the late post:)

I needed a good day and actually got a Wednesday that was even better!I had made a note to buy myself a new journal. To start writing down all of my accomplishments, gratitude and prayers. I got up this morning and went shopping before work. I had so much fun! I went to a local store called Ross. I went in for the journal. Left out with 2 new bright shirts. One pink and one orange. Journal and a new picture frame. I looked at some new luggage while there. I am needing something orange or pink. NO more black luggage that gets easily lost! I went to Wally world and picked up a few snacks and some stickers for my journal. This fun morning really set my day off on the right note! I have decided to go shopping maybe every other Wednesday for something that lifts up my spirits. Fun and affordable little items. Plus the stores are not busy at all and the selection is great! A fun way to break up the monotony of the week also.

hotcarmel

"You'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just... SMILE!"-Charlie Chaplin/Performed by Michael Jackson,The greatest entertainer and humanitarian

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 7:17am

Are neither of them dating right now?

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 7:22am

Wow! That really sounded like fun, and as you said, a good way to break the monotony of the week.

Did you find your luggage?

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 11:42am
Are neither of them dating right now?
No sadly .. hard to meet women while working :(
Community Leader
Sat, 05-15-2010 - 5:33pm

My ds doesn't have a g/f...and dd recently within the past year and a half broke up with her b/f...
Not with anyone myself but actually I am okay with it.
When the "right" person comes along your sons will know...:)
Like you said we can't do anything about it.
My sil and I talked recently and he apologized to me. I respect him for that for taking responsibility for hurting dd and it took a lot of courage to do that.
He had spoken to my dd before this and they at least have closure.
She told me he had spoken to her and admitted he was wrong and that he was sorry.
They were together a long time and lived together and I know it was hard on the both of them...:(
I just want the both of them to be happy, and healthy and it doesn't really matter if they ever get back together or meet someone else or are single.
I care about them both.
He was like a son to me and I miss him terribly but I love and respected my dd.
Some time has past and there is a healing journey going on for ALL of us.
I loved the quote you had in your profile.
Princess Diana is a favourite of mine.
She was very wise.

*Don't go by the rule book... Lead with the heart, not the head.* Princess Diana

Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-15-2010 - 8:39pm

Thanks on the quote nighangel,
Princess Diana was one very special lady,
She will never be forgotten I am sure.

Am sorry about your dd,
Glad he did apoligize & take responsibilty.
He sounds like a neat guy.

Yes in the end we want our children to be happy & healthy.

When the "right" person comes along your sons will know...:)
I know this is true & right,
Just hope sooner than later.
I know how lonely they are ..

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 12:48pm

It is hard to meet someone while working but then again, you never know.

My parents met because of work, in a place where people didn't expect it. They married quickly (within a month), and they were happily married for over 47 years. My brother also married a woman he met through work :-)

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 1:05pm
Talking about Princess Diana, I recently met someone who had met her. In fact, he was in the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. I also know a couple of other people who had met her when she was on an official visit here :-)

Pages