Thursday Takeaway

iVillage Member
Thursday Takeaway
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 7:25am

Do you ever get take-out or have home delivery?

How often do you to this?

What do you usually get?

Pages

Community Leader
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 10:08am

Do you ever get take-out or have home delivery? Not in a long time it seems like forever

How often do you to this?...more often when I was working...Fridays were great we could take left-overs home from my work

What do you usually get?...in the past pizza but ds likes frozen pizza so it's a treat for him now and then when his new favourite one is on Sale I will buy it...not a big fan of pizza here but will make myself something else usually he understands now why I don't eat certain things...heart health...they have a frozen chicken with a pineapple or lemon sauce which is really good to kind of like battered or breaded chicken that you boil in a bag and the sauce and chicken you can buy either already mixed together or separate...he liked that to and I love chicken...
Going out for Lunch today at the Free Community dinner...missed it yesterday going today...definitely not missing my bus today!
On Thursday usually big meal, I don't really care it's fun just to get out have a cup of tea, coffee, or juice and gibby-gab with friends...I have made new ones to...:)

Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 12:00pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 11:21pm

Do you ever get take-out or have home delivery? Believe it! But where I'm located

cl-flowers

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 10:56pm

I used to buy frozen pizzas as a student. It's rare that I do this now, though, since I only have a small oven.

How was the community dinner? Did you go this week?

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 11:05pm
Aaah, sushi ~ yum! A very long time ago friend and I would go once a week for sushi or sashimi. We haven't done that in a long while now. My nephew has recently discovered sushi, too :-)

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 11:09pm
Do you ever eat Chinese at all?

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 1:37am

Where we live, there is only one place that delivers --- a pizza parlor --- and we maybe take advantage of that once a year.

About once a month, I send DH out to puck up take-away: Burger King burgers, fried onions and a diet cola... And sometimes he brings home a Subway sandwich (or our supermarket deli equivalent - although our favorite source is The Andersons Market, it is too far away to use on a regular basis) or fried chicken (from the supermarket deli). And I have been known to buy Americanized sushi from a stand in the supermarket as well...

CL for "

Community Leader
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 12:48pm

The dinner was really great this week, one day we had chinese...mmm...yummy!

My dad came down and we went to it together which was nice.

My daughter's ex was there and he met her grandpa which was nice.

My sil (ex) shook my dad's hand and we all sat together.

He left before we did so my dad and I could visit.

My daughter and I have had lots of time with my dad this time around still some problems but nobody's perfect...kwim?

He is going to see my brother today ater he gives my daughter a drive to where she needs/wants to go.

My son wrote my dad and I was really proud of him, it impressed my dad to...my son told im exactly how he felt and that took an amazing amount of courage for my son...it has made me tear up more than once today...

My dad bought my ds breakfast and we went for breakfast together...it was nice.

Since reading my son's letter my dad has realized the impact him leaving around the same time my son's father bailed has hurt my son tremendously.

Today is a step in their healing journey...

<3

Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 6:07pm

Oh Yes! I love Eastern Food!

cl-flowers

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 7:55pm

So what is Americanized sushi?

It's probably better for your health and waist that you only have takeaway.

I've just found a woman here who does American comfort foods for delivery. She also does pastas and Mexican food, too. The selection changes every day, and she'll also deliver it for freezing. It's very good but I really have to restrict myself!

Pages