Ambitious or laid-back

iVillage Member
Ambitious or laid-back
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 8:03pm

Are you ambitious, laid back or a bit of both?

Has your level of ambition changed over the years?

Have the subjects of your ambition changed over the years or have they remained the same?

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 7:32am

Are you ambitious, laid back or a bit of both? === laid back! I have (nor have I EVER had) ambition to be famous, to dog, management, etc.

Has your level of ambition changed over the years? === if anything, having been shoved into some positions of authority against my will, I have become even MORE laid back...

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 9:44am
I think I'm a bit of both.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 10:59am

Good questions, Poppy!

Are you ambitious, laid back or a bit of both? I am a little bit of both

Has your level of ambition changed over the years? Yes, very much so. After I had my first child at 28, climbing the career ladder became much less of a priority. I was very overwhelmed in the beginning as a mother and was thankful to get through each day without going nuts! It was hard to look into the future. I'm still in that mode, although it has subsided as my girls have gotten older.

Have the subjects of your ambition changed over the years or have they remained the same? They have changed. My ambitions focus more on myself and my family. I'm working on developing a more positive outlook and being the best mom and partner I can be.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 3:07pm
I'm not as ambitious as I used to be nor is the ambition for the same reason.

Molly

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 11:32pm

Are you ambitious, laid back or a bit of both? I am a little bit of both.

Has your level of ambition changed over the years? Oh yes, it certainly has.

Have the subjects of your ambition changed over the years or have they remained the same? Good question. At the core, they are much the same, but they have matured as I have.

bunsofclay

Community Leader of Women's Health

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 1:09pm
I am also a bit of both. And like other posters have written, my ambition has changed.
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 3:03pm

I am going to try this post again....

I had ambition when I first started working so I thought it was ambition...but now its more laid back....I do what I need to do for my family and myself but there is no need for me to try to outdo myself....

I have no desire to be famous or make oodles of money....as you get "older" your ambitions/needs/priority changes...

Susan

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 9:11am
I am laid back. I have goals and work to attain them, if I fail then I just regroup and start over.
We live in a world that is fast paced and geared toward power, youth and beauty. I enjoy the timeless things, nature, good food, drink and conversation. I can remember when my life was all about the right purse, or shoes, going to the trendy clubs. The most expensive cars, big diamonds and being the prettiest girl in the room.
I am much happier with a simple life and less money and power. I don't get stressed out as easy as I did back in the day.
I think most young people are ambitious, that may stay with them as they age, and that's okay with me.
Being on both sides of the coin has allowed me to choose what's right for me- and it's working great.
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 1:40pm

I'm laid-back and getting more so over the years.
Never really been ambitious except in high school
and college.

font-size: 14pt;">Susan

Photobucket
Photobucket

dietbudspowinners.gif

PhotobucketlifeispainPhotobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

font-size: 12pt;">
organic tag created by Erin
(Wickedcupofjoe)