Friends

iVillage Member
Friends
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 7:54am

Do you have more female friends, more male friends or roughly the same?

Are you surrounded by people who are supportive and understanding? Do you have people in your life whom you could call no matter what the hour is should there be an emergency?

Are there people in your life you wouldn't mind receiving such a call from in case of an emergency? Has it ever happened?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 12:25pm

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 10:38am

Hey HotCarmel,

It's great that you are close to your family and that you know you can count on them in times of difficulty. Whilst it might seem normal to many people, it isn't so for many so we should never take this for granted!

Some people are like that - they do stuff when you organize, but they fail to call when you disappear, and these really do belong in the acquaintances category. I have to admit that sometimes I am quite bad at keeping touch friends with my tendency to be a hermit and everybody being so busy, but from time to time I will call, send a message or poke them on FB. They do the same.

Have a good week-end!

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 10:47am

Do you have more female friends, more male friends or roughly the same?

I think on average it's roughly the same. Sometimes I'll have more men friends, sometimes I'll have more female friends. Right now I think that it's probably the same.

Are you surrounded by people who are supportive and understanding?

Yes, definitely. The are supportive in different ways, which is good.

Do you have people in your life whom you could call no matter what the hour is should there be an emergency?

Yes, I do. I've done so a couple of times

Are there people in your life you wouldn't mind receiving such a call from in case of an emergency? Has it ever happened?

There are quite a few people I wouldn't mind at all. One of my closest friends called me at 3 or 4 in the morning when her mother was going through cancer treatment. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out who she was and what she was talking about, but in the end we talked for about an hour. The sister of friend of mine also called to ask whether I knew anyone with her blood type because my friend needed a blood transfusion. A few people I know volunteered (they didn't know her), and one went with me at 10 at night to the hospital.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 12:39pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 9:41pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 3:59am

I love your questions, Poppy.

1-I have more female friends, although the male friends are very dependable and precious friends; I still find it a lot easier and smoother with my female friends, specially when discussing celebs and gossip. Two subjects that no man I know can even touch!

2-I believe I am surrounded by loving people. Maybe they are not there all the time, but when I need them they rarely dissapoint me.

3-You touched a raw nerve there. I don't have someone I could call at three in the morning for instance/ not that my friends would mind, I just would not be comfortable doing so. I have my baby brother though and we are pretty close so I think I can easily wake him up 2 chat if I needed to.

4-I think I would not mind any of my friends giving me a call and if I can help, I would be more than happy 2 do so.

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 10:33am

Do you have more female friends, more male friends or roughly the same? === personally, more female friend a I'm not really exposed to that many males around here except those my DH is friends with. When i was working, I actually had more male friend than female!

Are you surrounded by people who are supportive and understanding? Do you have people in your life whom you could call no matter what the hour is should there be an emergency? === Possibly, but only because DH is so firmly embedded in this community and he has family here. I STILL feel like an outsider even though they do try to make me feel like one of their crowd

Are there people in your life you wouldn't mind receiving such a call from in case of an emergency? Has it ever happened? === Yes, and no. And I have received calls for help from both categories, usually for financial assistance!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 7:19am
It's great that you have loyal and supportive friends, Amy. We just never know when we need caring shoulders to lean on but more important, life is just so much nicer when we surround ourselves with people who truly care about us and vice versa.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 7:24am
You and your husband are good people to have as friends, Kelly :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 7:42am
It's always difficult to have to call someone at 3 in the morning to ask for help, and I don't think anyone ever wants to do that or thinks that they can do that.

Pages