• I would like to but I haven't yet
  • No, I've never dyed my hair
  • Maybe one day!
  • Other

You will be able to change your vote.

Pages

Community Leader
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 4:40pm

In my Life I have ONLY had two perms, one I won and it was cool at the time and then once when my kids were younger the b/f I had at that time paid for it and also was with me when it came to my kids deadbeat dad.

I had plans to go get my hair done, so excited second time having a perm and my hair was long and it was so nice after it was done.

My ex-husband at the time didn't everything he possibly could to spoil that day I think it was around my birthday and the kids were going on a visit with him.

He didn't show, blew them off, my b/f said never mind don't worry everything will be cool it will all work out.

He paid a friend of mine to babysit while I got my hair done, took me grocery shopping which I had planned to do while they went with their dad (I think they were ONLY going overnight not like a week-end or a week or something.

He said so what we have the kids no problem we can still do things all together and as a couple.

He ALWAYS usually paid for the sitter.

When you are a single parent you don't have the extra money for baby-sitting especially if it's not involving work...kwim?

I remember it all turned out alright in spite of my ex.

Unfortunately we did break up but while we were together he included my kids and we did things with his mom and dad and his sister and her b/f and their daughter.

I ended it because I felt he wanted children of his own...which we tried to see if I could have a reversal but I couldn't.

I didn't want him to resent that later on down the road with my kids or with me.

He also had a different style of parenting...we did not see eye-to-eye.

Another b/f wanted me to get my hair cut and coloured, it was nice but I missed "ME"...kwim? I actually felt like he wanted me to be someone else!

Never do it for someone else, do it for yourself.

My kids both have really nice hair, long and dd does colour hers...she once coloured her brother's, it looked good.

She cuts my hair, trims it and has coloured it at home a couple of times, I just prefer my own, can't be bothered and I don't really have the money in my budget right now.

:)

Edited 7/18/2010 2:33 am ET by nightangel67
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 11:05am
It looks like you have lovely lovely hair, Lorie!

Community Leader
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 10:51am
I love my hair!
Don't do anything much to it...some days it's hard to get a brush through it because of the RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)...usually my ds or dd will brush it for me on bad days. Wetting it or washing it helps me to get a comb or brush through it. I wore it up yesterday but can't do it for too long I get head-aches.
My hair is really long, wavy, no curly, and with this humidity it has a mind of it's own...kwim?...;)
As for the grey yes I have some but my hair is so light because of the sun what's noticeable is this shock of white across the right front...more pronounced since my heart attack but it looks cool my kids think like I frosted or highlighted it myself...lol...
The way I look at it my hair may be grey but at least I still got it!...that's for my balding or bald male friends who like to voice their un-wanted opinions...I earned that grey I am keeping it!
It's "ME!
:)
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 10:33am

My last perm was back in the late 80s, when I moved back here and my so-so straight hair became a lot more wavier. I decided that my wavy hair was great as it is, and I didn't need curly hair. Fortunately, my cousin introduced me to a great hair stylist so I gave perms a wave good bye.

I did experiment with straightening my hair using the Japanese rebonding system (yeah yeah... never happy with what we have LOL.) It was great for those 6 months - no need for a comb, real wash and wear, and very shiny hair! I couldn't be bothered with redoing the treatment, though.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 10:21pm
I had a few perms in high school and college. None in
the last 25 years.

font-size: 14pt;">Susan

Photobucket
Photobucket

dietbudspowinners.gif

PhotobucketlifeispainPhotobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

font-size: 12pt;">
organic tag created by Erin
(Wickedcupofjoe)
PhotobucketPhotobucketinvisible-yellow-cap

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 12:00pm

I just braved it for a while. I styled it in an updo and told everyone that it was a DIY error. Some ppl suggested I get a certain shampoo that tones down the color but I found that a few washes later the color juts faded into a nice light brown. I then dyed it when the greys started showing with a lightest brown hair dye, which is what I have on right now. The color is nice and mild, and I think the disastrous highlights underneath give it a nice effect cuz it makes it look like a multi toned effect.

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 9:11am
LOL on the missing spots Poppy,
Least you know you can do it yourself if when/need be :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 8:04am
My adventure with colouring myself have not been disastrous, but certainly not as successful as a professional colouring job. I seem to miss spots here and there heh heh heh...

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 4:49pm
I have tried to dye my hair once,
It turned out awful
I will never, ever try to do my own again.
However I agree on the buddies for those that want to do their own :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 3:55pm
Other — To change from natural color AND to cover the gray.

When I first started coloring my hair, it was pretty close to my natural color, but I've noticed that my natural color is getting darker and mousier in preparation for the real onslaught of gray, lol.

So, I've just begun the slow process of easing into going natural. I went one shade darker than usual at my last coloring. I'll keep it like this for several months, probably, before going a little darker yet. When I've reached what appears to be the correct base color, I'll add gray highlights as needed so that as it grows out I don't have an obvious stripe.

Yes, I've spent a bit of time planning this, if that's what you're thinking. ;-)

Pages