Wednesday Wonderings

iVillage Member
Wednesday Wonderings
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 9:07am
I'm wondering what you are wondering right now ;-)

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 8:52am

wondering what the heck I got myself into this for....

marriage, motherhood, my so-called life....

my dh got up this morning and says he is going golfing, did not bother to ask if I wanted to do something before he left for the day...most of the day that the kids are in school...

my kids are most ungrateful, snotty, and selfish brats....my house is a pigsty, they talk like crap to each other, and then they take each other things w/o permission and I know very well that it is going to be WW III when they are all home together tonight...

my so-called life is boring, cannot work because of my vision, cannot drive myself anywhere, have no money cuz I chose to stay home but a little money every once in awhile would be nice, dh can find money for cigarettes and beer, and I get "nothing"...I want to go get a MP3/ipod since mine died the other day and I NEED it for my work out....I enjoy music immensely. Plus I never know when I am going to the grocery store so I have to make do with what I can find when there is "no money" for groceries....I pride myself on feeding good meals to my family...

that is what I am wondering today....

Susan

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 9:19am
I'm wondering when Friday the 18th will get here,
Am going to visit oldest DS & we'll even get to the beach for a couple of days.
Also wondering when youngest DS will learn to be more responsible with his money :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 9:37am

(((((hugs)))))

I'm sorry you are going through a rough time right now. I can't imagine what it's like having teens and pre-teens in the house, but I can well imagine that a lot of times WWIII will erupt. We were only three, and yes, there were mutinies and fights.

It's tough being a mom and I admire all moms out there!

What kind of work outs do you do?

Do you grow your own vegetables when you can to complement your grocery shopping? How do you make do when there's no money for groceries?

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 9:45am

That's in a week! Woohoo!! I bet you wish it's tomorrow ;-)

Maybe this Christmas you can gift your youngest ds with the gift of an appointment with a financial consultant?

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 11:01am
I am so excited to go Poppy,
And yes I wish it was right now, LOL
As for youngest DS ..
I doubt that would even help.
He *knows* but .. has to have his fun ::sigh::
Always too much & too expensive :(
I could just wring his neck :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 11:24am

I do not do a veg garden, or flowers....I rent and there is no space for a garden...

for my work outs I do walking, yoga, and Jillian Michaels work out (Wii) started to clean my tv room and my vaccuum broke (need to replace band) so that kinda derailed my "work out"...

what do I do when there is no money for groceries?? Cheerios or toast for a meal...I just let the kids raid the cupboard even the
lunch supplies cupboard cuz I am more mad at my dh for not providing with money/opportunity to make a meal but yet he is ok with "nothing" for supper...I'm not...I grew up with supper every night and I expect that with my family but he just "zones out" as soon as he gets home from work...it is sooooo frustrating at times...sometimes I wanna cry...

Susan

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 12:44pm
I'm wondering how you're doing, dear friend.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 4:17pm
{{{Susan}}}
Sorry to hear life is so tough right now,
Have you & DH sat down & talked about all this ?
BTW .. do you have the Wii ?
How old are your kids ?
Hope today goes well for you :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 6:48pm

I have tried talking to my dh but there is always something going on...I think we need to start "date night" just so I know I am going to have some time with him w/o the kids around...

We do have the Wii and I have the Jillian Michaels 2010 ultimate workout where you can customize your work out or use her work out schedule...I find that one too intense for me cuz I am not able to do all of them yet...I find the push ups the hardest esp with my arms...owwee...

my kids range from 17, 15, 13, 10 and 8...

after my "cranky" post my dh got home from golfing and he was in a chirper mood (he had a good round) I said do you mind if I get an ipod nano??...I am really missing my music doing my workout...he says I don't care its your credit card...whatever honey, we both pay the bill...so we went and got one. Wanted to get a purple one but they only had blue and black...both my older boys have a blue and a black one. Just so we do not mix up the ipods...not that I am worried about that part...lol

Susan

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 7:08pm
Am glad to hear he was in a better mood after golf Susan,
Oh yes I too would be concerned with mixing the ipod up with your kids
That would be horrible, LOL
Happy you did get a new one though.
Mine is pink so neither of my sons would ever touch it
I have the Wii plus & recently bought the Walk it Out game.
Although now I have to get the mat ::shaking head::
Oh I love your idea of date night with DH.
Then you can have his undevided attention.
So maybe set that up tonight for one soon.
Do your kids help around the house with chores ?
That might help you out as well :)

Pages