Wednesday Wonderings

iVillage Member
Wednesday Wonderings
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 9:07am
I'm wondering what you are wondering right now ;-)

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 12:42pm

• We learn to enjoy what we can and should enjoy and be grateful for each day.

So true.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 11:03am
Thank you. I'm sorry that things aren't so great on your end, either. As you said, such is life. We learn to enjoy what we can and should enjoy and be grateful for each day.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 10:58am

Poppy, I'm sorry things

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 10:57am
Cool Susan,
So have you started one today for them ?
How are things today ?

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 10:15am

I am so glad that you stopped by to say hello. You've been in my thoughts, too, and I hope that this finds you and your family well.

It's been tough and it continues to be a challenging time albeit right now it's in a good but yeah challenging way. The learning curve is steep.

How about you?

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 10:08am

You know, we do like to ramble here. You won't be alone in rambling.

How are things today? So if I read right you got your new iPod?

Are you working on that chart? I think with so many people in the house, a chart is useful. Hah - even with just me in the house a chart is useful hee hee hee. I don't have a chart but I do have a list of things that I have to do. I'm forgetful!

A friend of mine went on strike to get her kids to do their part of the household chores. Of course two of the kids were already in college and one was in his teens. She only cleaned what she and her husband used, cooked what she, her husband and the teen was going to eat, etc. She stopped doing their laundry, she didn't pick things up, didn't clean after them. It's a long process, but as you said, it's also something that they need to be able to do before they leave home. The finder's keepers strategy also works very well.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 9:14am

good idea about the chart....never thought of that???

hmmmm...

Susan

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 11:23pm
Good attitude that they will learn before they leave,
Yes but whatever you trip over/they leave out .. take it!
If they can't put it away it's yours
For awhile anyways, LOL
Good the older ones are paying for their own stuff.
If you need to make cahrt so you can keep track of stuff, who's grounded, then do it.
Anything to help make your own life easier.
Get everyone together
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 10:36pm

I found it used to work when you took their gaming away Xbox, computers used to work...but now the older ones pay for cells, xbox and their games so I cannot take them away...the others, I could do it but it gets tiring "trying" to remember who is grounded I used to do for the day or 2 but after that I forget and cannot stay mad or deprive them cuz it is what I got it for....but with summer coming up they will outside more anyways...

As for my oldest going away, he is hoping to get into the armed forces so he will be away for long stretches I think...but he does help with his own laundry, he knows how to cook, and is pretty responsible with his stuff...he bought it, he enjoys it, and he is looking after it...some of his friends are jealous cuz their parents "make" them buy their own stuff...duh, if you want it, get a job and pay for it then you will appreciate it...my son sees alot of his classmates do not "look" after their cells/laptops and they just say that they will get another one next week when they trade in mom's phone....?????

But anyways, it is challenging to try to stay on top of them with their chores but they are going to learn how to do these things before they leave my house!! lol

Susan

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 9:38pm
Never a problem with chatting/rambling .. I

Pages