The Biggest splurge for you?$$$

iVillage Member
The Biggest splurge for you?$$$
Sat, 06-12-2010 - 8:08pm

Hello Ladies! I have been busy but, having some fun! This week I attended the Maxwell Jill Scott concert in my area. I usually get the upper lounge type seats. I got a nice bonus back in April and decided to splurge on floor seats.

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 8:02am

Hi HotCarmel,

You've certainly had a very good week! Yes, seating does matter very much at concerts and performances; I am glad that you were able to sit close to the stage. And yay for your new living room!

I usually spend more on vacations abroad and computers than anything else. Of course, the biggest splurge was going back to school :-)

I've got a few designer bags, but the ones that I have were either gifts or did not cost an arm and two legs to get them. Ditto with shoes and clothes.

I've been lucky when it comes to concerts, too. The rock concerts I went to weren't as expensive as they are now - it would have been difficult to afford going to one on a student scholarship. Much later, friends in Florence would get me Family Member tickets to classical music concerts and the opera. One as in the chorus and one was a member of orchestra. It was a significant discount, and most times the seats were very, very good.

Whatever furniture I have in the house I bought over a long period of time before anyone really had a huge interest in antique and vintage items, so I bought cheap and the repair cost was included. Again, I was lucky!

Oh, I do have one good watch, too, which I bought about 20 years ago. Good thing that that doesn't go out of style :-)

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 8:06am
I bought channel set diamond hoop earrings after almost talking myself out of them because I couldn't think of any special occasions I'd have to wear them. Then I realized that everyday I wake up on this side of the dirt is a special occasion.
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 11:48am
I'm married to an obligate splurger (he simply has no off switch when it comes to splurging) so I don't splurge myself out of financial self-defense! the most I've ever splurged has been on craft supplies and I'm cutting back there...

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 4:47pm

Then I realized that everyday I wake up on this side of the dirt is a special occasion.

I totally agree with you! I bought myself a Tiffany Key for almost 300 bucks last August. I

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 4:50pm
Hello Poppy! A great vacation sounds good! I have plans to visit London, Africa, Brazil and Carribean in the future. London is my top pick. I love the accents they have and the double-decker buses look fun to ride on!

"Life ain't so bad at all, Livin' off the wall"-Michael Joseph Jackson Greatest entertainer and humantarian of all time

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 10:30am

How fun for you, I love a new look in my house and I'm sure yours will be great!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 12:21pm

Glad to hear you had a good time Hotcarmel! Isn't it amazing what a renovation in the house or the decor around us makes to our wellbeing?

I am horrible with spending money on myself. Even on days when I did think

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 4:04pm
About 13 years ago, I bought myself a silk suit. I honestly don't remember how much it cost — I think around $300 — but it was hugely discounted from the original price. Still, it was a huge splurge for me. It has been worth every penny, though. It is classic and timeless, not trendy and dated, and I still wear it occasionally.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 5:48pm
My biggest splurge was in 1979.

Molly

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 11:45am

We're a fairly frugal family so my splurging isn't as extreme as some...LOL.

My Signature 

Pages