Stressed

iVillage Member
Stressed
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 6:51am

Yep, I am looking like the frazzled icon. I've been really stressed, and it's coming out through the teeth grinding. Right now I am grinding it so much and so hard that everything has been hurting. Hopefully, now that I know that it's stress and bruxism, I can do things before I go to sleep to decrease my anxiety levels. We're thinking chamomile tea and a lavender mist.

This is the first time that stress has triggered this sort of reaction (though I am a habitual teeth grinder.) Usually I become paralyzed and isolate myself, I have anxiety attacks, and I'll lose a lot of hair.

What are the signs that you are very stressed?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 3:48am
The beauty of yoga is that you can do yoga to energize yourself or to unwind :-)

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 3:38am

There's really something about writing in a journal, isn't there?

I need to write to a few people to tell them of my father's passing. I still have not been able to do that even though it has been eight months now. It would be much easier to type on a word processor, print out and mail, but it feels so impersonal. In addition to that, these people are older, so doing that also feels disrespectful (even though their Christmas letters are written on Word and printed out but it's not the same thing, is it?)

I hope that the drive to MI wasn't too tiring and that you find moments for yourself.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 12:10pm

Try yoga before bed! The relaxing kind. It works wonderfully!

I get really pissy when I'm stressed. And the wrinkles between my eyebrows REALLY show!

Creative Consultant
Ideas - AMPLIFIED!

Website|Blog~ http://www.DearErin.com
Creative Consultant. Ideas - AMPLIFIED! Find your passion and learn how to monetize it! Website|Blog~ http://www.DearErin.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 7:01pm
My best friend got me a blank book as a gift a couple of years ago. I've written some in it, making lists, adding quotes, etc. It has a ton of pages and has been calling to me lately to use as a journal. I've got so much going through my head lately that my mind is swimming, so I really need to start writing down my thoughts. I have thought about doing my journal online like you suggested, since I can type faster than I can write in longhand and my handwriting is awful. But I know that I really prefer a handwritten journal. So that is what I'm going to do tonight: start my journal. Maybe that will keep all the swirling thoughts at bay.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 2:33am

I'll see if my friend can get it for me, but I think there might be other friends going to Turkey later in the year.

I'm sorry that the paperwork is taking forever. It really can be a whole big pain. My cousin also had to do a lot of paperwork here when she was going to marry her German fiance, to make sure that the marriage would be recognized by both governments. There was most probably even bigger paperwork to be done once they were married and she needed a visa for Germany, too. It's always like that in most countries, unfortunately. I hope that they get the paperwork done soon!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 3:20pm

I bought it in Turkey, it was recommended by my gynocologist there.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 2:53am

You can also keep an online journal if you are worried about privacy and someone trying to access them. I am not talking about your husband, who I think respects your privacy. An online journal would not necessarily mean a blog. It can be as simple as getting yourself a gmail account and emailing your journal there :-)

Think of all the beading and belly dancing you can now do in your own home! That might help you with the stress.

(((((hugs)))))

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 2:44am

No furbabies right now, I think my time as a fur mamma has passed. I might get some fish to fill the aquarium with, but that would be at a much later date.

Yes, I do have a happy place. To be honest, though, the pain was just too much for me to enjoy the happy place. Not getting enough sleep was also not helping, but for the past couple of days I've been making myself be in bed by 9.30. Astonishingly, I've fallen asleep quickly afterward.

One by one things are falling into place. We've got one person we'd like to hire. The pain is also coming from sinusitis, and I am now taking medication for that.

I've never heard of passionflower syrup. Do you get that in Germany? What is it called? Maybe I ought to get my friends to get me some the next time they are there. I usually take Bach's Rescue Remedy, but I'm all out. My friend S will have to go on a shopping spree for me in Singapore to get me that, essential oils and a neti pot. I want to avoid surgery as much as possible.

How are you doing now? Twenty-four trips since September is a lot! No wonder you are tired. I hope that you feel better soon, and that you do not have to go back-and-forth so much for the rest of the year. How is your son's wedding preparations going? Are you all set?

A friend of mine is in Turkey right now. He sailed there from Gibraltar, where he moors his boat.

Edited 6/20/2010 2:47 am ET by cl-libelulle

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 5:47pm
I've been living off of stress lately, with this moving situation like it is. We've taken several trips from here down to Charleston and it's a two hour drive each time. And I recently spent four days with my best friend in NC. That wasn't stressful, of course, but all this coming and going has been. And it's not over yet. We still have a trip next month to MI so that DH can visit with his family. I am not looking forward to that, and I don't have to go, but I'm too much of a worrier to stay at home while DH was on the road from here to MI. Plus that would mean all that time alone at home with my mother, and I could not handle that at all. So I'm going to MI. *sigh* But at least after that we can move into our new home, which will be a relief.

Since I've got so much going on right now and my mind just won't calm down, I think that I really should start writing in my journal again. I used to be a very faithful journal keeper, until my ex-husband read it and threw it at me (he was looking for evidence that I was cheating on him, which he didn't find). After that I've only been a periodic journal keeper. But I really think that it would do me some good to start writing in my journal again.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 9:58am

Hi Poppy,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing so much stress. I hope you can work thru it quickly.

Pages