COMFORT

iVillage Member
COMFORT
Thu, 06-17-2010 - 8:12pm

Sometimes life falls off its axis, it starts rotating against our will and things don't go the way we want them to.

Sometimes the every day struggles, the passions, the day to day activities of life .... all get a little overwhelming...

When you get there, when life does not go right.. what do you do to comfort yourself? what do you do to comfort others around you if they are going through these times?

The world we are living in at the moment is strange enough, and hectic enough.. I think we could all use a bit of comforting.... and here.... cups of

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
In reply to: suffy_78
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 4:31am

Another great post, Suffy!

I turn to meditation, prayer and Reiki to help myself ground back to safety and my emotional safe place. Then I try to let go of my will - I can be very controlling at times, which doesn't necessarily mean that I am right, taking the right steps or even on the right path. I step away from the turmoil, take a few deep breaths, let go some more. After that, I do something enjoyable, surround myself with friends, talk about my struggles, try to sleep.

Usually after one or two days I am able to see everything from a different perspective and with a more objective head. Which means that my troubleshooting self starts to see the advantages and disadvantages of the situation and try to steer it towards a path that works best for me.

Community Leader
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 9:36am
~hugs~
I LOVED this!
It's so true, you hit it right on.
I even got my ds to try green tea, he loves it...we have so many different kinds, courtesy of friends.
There is so much sadness and grief...so many people suffering.
Struggling to hold on...maybe comfort comes from holding on to each other.
<3
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 3:42pm

Glad you liked the post Poppy!

I am only turning to meditation as of this month... it is something that has intrigued and fascinated me throughout my twenties and yet I only have the courage to start venturing into it now! Well.. better late than never.

Where do you think the controlling streak in you comes from? I know I tend to be extremely controlling expecially with those in immediate contact with me, i.e. friends and family.

You have given great tips there... Might consider them the next time I'm on the edge!

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 3:58pm

((((hugs))))

I know... it is a testing time for us all.

I have been going through one bout of depression after another since new year's and

Photobucket 

Community Leader
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 11:08am
My ds surprised me by making himself one and telling me he like, actually said it was pretty good.
I have white tea green tea all different flavours...in my kitchen to.
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 5:39am
Yes, part of comfort is having people we can count on in our times of grief or difficulties, but also when things are just slightly askew and we need a hug or a laugh or a smile.