Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 5:55pm

Hello! Been a while since I did these...

1- What book are you reading now?

2-What song describes your mood at this moment?

3-What will you do over the weekend for fun? any small thing will do...

4-Did anything nice happen to you this week? Any good news? Stories? Jokes even?

5-What are you having for your next meal?

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
In reply to: suffy_78
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 9:07pm

1- What book are you reading now?
"Goblin War" by Jim C. Hines

2-What song describes your mood at this moment?
"Uphill Battle" by Sarah Mclachlan

3-What will you do over the weekend for fun? any small thing will do...
Going to the library, maybe do some shopping, hoping to do some reading

4-Did anything nice happen to you this week? Any good news? Stories? Jokes even?
We bought a house

5-What are you having for your next meal?
I haven't decided yet

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 1:16am

1- What book are you reading now? I read 2 daily devotionals from Joyce Meyer and her "Never Give Up" series.

2-What song describes your mood at this moment? That's a tough one. I can't even describe it. I am listening to some Sade right now. Just relaxin' and getting ready for bed.

3-What will you do over the weekend for fun? any small thing will do...Plan to see sex in the city2, browse for new sofa for my new living room, and call or visit the dads in my family.

4-Did anything nice happen to you this week? Any good news? Stories? Jokes even? Got 8 hours of sleep wenesday!Felt like a new woman!My little 3 year old neice answered the phone when I called her mom. Told me "Hello Aunt C. I love you!:) Made my day at work!

5-What are you having for your next meal? Breakfast. Not sure what it will be. Maybe oatmeal before work tommorrow.

"Life ain't so bad at all, Livin' off the wall"-Michael Joseph Jackson Greatest entertainer and humantarian of all time

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 4:19pm

CONGRATULATIONS on the house! Wow that's great news.

We have been looking for a house for the last six months and with the exception of one, all the houses I couldn't fall in love with/ Tell us the story of how you decided on the house you are buying...

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 4:25pm
I spent hours and hours in my early twenties listening to Sade.. You must be in need of major comforting, for that is what her voice delivers.. Instant comfort and compassion. Talk about having a gift, huh? I hope you are having a comfortable weekend and that you find a great sofa!

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 8:03pm
DH was recently accepted at the College of Charleston, which is two hours away from where we now live. At first we were looking to rent an apartment within the city, but we had too many cats for the apartments. One of the apartment managers suggested that we look for a house to rent on Craigslist (she advertises there herself when there are vacancies at the apartment complex). DH suggested that we buy a mobile home. The lot rent would be less expensive than renting a house or an apartment. Plus the home would be ours and we could renovate it, paint, tear up old carpet and put down new, etc., without a landlord telling us that we couldn't do it. And if we found land somewhere we could always move the home there.

We looked through Craigslist and found a really nice home in a good area. The park is well kept up and very quiet. The home has two bedrooms, a large kitchen, an enclosed front porch and a really nice shade tree in the front yard. Plus there is lots of room for me to put in gardens. The park is located in Goose Creek, which is about 15 miles outside of Charleston. The town is small, about 36,000 people, but it has just about everything we need right there. We'll be moving in about mid-July. Even though some people don't consider a mobile home to be a house, I do, and I'm going to do everything that I can to make it my home. This is the first real home that I've had since I originally moved out of my parents' home many moons ago. I've always rented apartments or houses or lived with other people in their homes. So now I finally have a home to call my own.
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 5:47am

1- What book are you reading now? ~ I just finished a book and I haven't decided what I want to read next. It might be Haruki Murakami's The Elephant Vanishes, though I might read Herman Hesse's Siddharta. We'll see how the new week goes.

2-What song describes your mood at this moment? ~ Oh, I don't know. Am feeling neutral at the moment.

3-What will you do over the weekend for fun? any small thing will do... ~ We've got a surprise birthday party to go to in a couple of hours.

~ My nephew's report card was very good.

5-What are you having for your next meal? ~ We're going to have a traditional celebration meal, with yellow rice and all the trimmings.

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-21-2010 - 11:47pm
I know I am very late in asking this, but how did the surprise party go?

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-22-2010 - 12:07am
The surprise party went very well. He was highly suspicious since his wife kept texting on the trip home. When his mother-in-law came out he was happy to see her... but he just kept waiting for us to come out, too LOL!