Speaking of vacations...

iVillage Member
Speaking of vacations...
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 9:35am

What are your plans for the 4th?

Are you going away on vacation this summer?

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 11:40pm
Every little bit counts & is always great as you know Poppy,
Beach was awesome but of course ..
Planning to go back there next summer.
I wish in Vegas .. can't wait as I know it will be totally fun :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 9:41pm

Oh, that's also a tough trip if your husband is going to say his good-byes to his grandmother. That's always so difficult to do, but it's important to do it. Both my aunt and my father died days within each other and unexpectedly. A lot of people were very upset that they weren't able to say their farewells :-(

Bring your books and music players with you, and go for nice walks. I hope that you find a place somewhere where you can be on your own for a couple of hours each day.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 9:34pm

That sounds like a very good plan, Karla!

How long does the Basic Training last?

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 9:33pm

Well, at least you get to see them a little bit. Hey, my brother lives in the same city and I only see him every few months, too.

So you've been to visit your son in Florida already? How was the beach? I want to go with you to Las Vegas!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 5:46pm
DH and I are leaving on Friday to spend a week in Michigan visiting his family. I don't know if I'd call it a vacation or not! His family isn't that bad; I mean, I do get along with his mother, father and brother. But he has a large extended family and they all live in the same small town. None of them seem to have any friends, so if they want someone to do something with, they call on a family member. And they have lots of big family gatherings, which is what we'll probably be doing on the 4th. I know that we'll have at least one big gathering, since it's been several years that DH has been home and he's going to college and moving, so he'll have a lot to talk to them about. We figured that we'd go up now because after we move and he starts college and we both start working, there isn't going to be much time for us to go anywhere. much less a trip up to MI. The main reason why DH wants to go up there is to see his grandmother. She's been giving up on life and is going downhill fast and he's thinking that this may be the last time that he'll get to see her.
Administrator
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 12:30pm
Party at my sister's house this year! lol Our son is away in basic training so we'll really be celebrating on his behalf (his service to our country) this year.

Health, Diet & Fitness Message Boards | About Our Boards | Customer Support | Tech Update

Want Free Despicable Me Movie Tickets?
Details here!
Hurry, tickets are limited!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 11:49am
Hi Poppy,
Well the boys will be here kind of, LOL
Oldest on the 4th but out with friends,
Youngest has to drive back to his place on the 4th to be at work.
So no real plans for the 4th ..
I already went to the beach for a short/long weekend.
Next vacation is Vegas end of July .. can't wait