Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 9:13am

What are your plans for the week-end?

Do you do your groceries during the week or on the week-end?

Do you have a Farmers' Market nearby? Do you shop there?

Do you plan a weekly menu?

Do you cook every day, or do you have one day for the bulk of the cooking and you only have to do light things during the week?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 8:31am
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 8:55am

Nah, you aren't late at all!

I know what you mean by not wanting what you had planned.

Good luck to your son for today's placement exam. Have a great week-end!

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2010 - 9:06am

What are your plans for the week-end? ~ It was supposed to be a pretty full week-end with friends, but I'm staying low. I've got the blahs.

Do you do your groceries during the week or on the week-end? ~ Mostly during the week, It's really too full during the week-end.

Do you have a Farmers' Market nearby? Do you shop there? ~ There are a couple of markets but I need a car to get there, which I don't find very practical.

Do you plan a weekly menu? ~ No.

Do you cook every day, or do you have one day for the bulk of the cooking and you only have to do light things during the week? ~ I cook when I need to.

Community Leader
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 12:31pm

What are your plans for the week-end?
On Saturday I planned to go to an Idol show held locally...and I went, it was so cool!

Do you do your groceries during the week or on the week-end?
For me personally it's easier to shop multiple times with the RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)

Do you have a Farmers' Market nearby? Do you shop there?Yes, haven't yet it's a little out of my way...and with it being so hot and humid here I prefer shopping in air-conditioned heaven...;)

Do you plan a weekly menu?
Yes and no....lately ds will write me up a list it helps me and makes him feel good because his contributing...he usually draws me funny pictures...little cartoons which are so cool.

Do you cook every day, or do you have one day for the bulk of the cooking and you only have to do light things during the week?
With it being so hot here I have cooked but later at night.
A couple of days we had sandwiches black forest ham my ds loves that deli meat!
Last night I made him hamburgers.
He is beginning to understand that I have to and want to watch what I eat. He says now he is realizing I have tried to make sure I fed both dd and him healthy snacks.
Out of the mouths of babes.
We are trying to eat more fruits and vegetables.
I miss not having a yard.
We had raspberries and sunflowers, irises etc.
It was just so lovely.
I have been buying bananas and raspberries and peaches.
It all depends on what's on sale and looks good, fresh kwim?
Looking forward to going to the Community Lunch tomorrow, they had a salad that was absolutely wonderful, a friend of mine made it.
They gave me seconds, I am spoiled!

Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 8:07pm

How was the Idol show? Were they better in person than on TV?

I am glad that your son is helping you. It's great that he's realizing that you are watching what you eat, and that you've always given him and hie sisters nutritious meals and healthy snacks. That'll help him choose healthy foods, too.

Do you have a balcony where you live now?

Community Leader
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 8:31pm
Local talent, three categories, tykes, teens, and adults.
We both decided we are going to eat healthier.
He's not so keen on vegetables but loves fruit.
Yes we have a balcony, but unfortunately it's been way too hot and humid to take advantage of it...:(
It was in the 40's with the humidity.
Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 8:39pm

Aaah, ok. I thought it was the American Idol summer show that was performing in your city!

How very nice to have a local Idol talent show. Were there some outstanding singers? I remember organizing a karaoke contest one year. There were several good singers and one outstanding one, out of around 100 contestants. The rest were average to tone-deaf.

Since you have a balcony maybe you could do a bit a container gardening?

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2010 - 7:25pm

I am very late for this but better late than never.

Plans for this weekend/.... Gonna bring up the subject of divorce with my husband and tell him that this time I am not quitting until I get a divorce because I am sick and tired of the way we have been living the last few years and nothing he can do will change the way I feel about this marriage.

Groceries are done on daily basis in my house.

I am not sure whethere there is a market, I think there has to be one but I never bothered checking, and therefore... no I do not shop there!

No weekly menu, just a spur of the moment decision on what to cook this day.

I cook daily.

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 10:35am

((((((hugs))))))

That was a very difficult decision that you made.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 5:35am
Poppy,I have not slept properly since I made that decision and find myself going into little panic attacks where the room feels like it is caving in on me for a few seconds... I knew it was gonna be hard but this is just the beginning, I did not expect all this at the very beginning.

Photobucket

Photobucket 

Pages