Friday Fun

iVillage Member
Friday Fun
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 11:01am

Five fun things this Friday...

a. When you were little, what games did you play?

b. What is your definition of a fun activity and a fun place?

c. Who are the friends with whom you share fun time?

d. What place is fun for you?

e. What fun place would you like to visit?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 12:47am

a. When you were little, what games did you play? Hide and Seek, Mother May I, and 7 up thumbs up game at school. At home, I was pretty lonesome. I played with my cats and dogs outside;or imaginary friends.

b. What is your definition of a fun activity and a fun place? Any time I am well rested, I can have fun anywhere! Even at work! Someone cracks a joke or sings a song(and they cannot sing), it is hilarious! Alot of it depends on my mood and whether or not I am joyful already. I am game for anything when I am well rested though.

c. Who are the friends with whom you share fun time? ONly family right now. I recently ended my friendships. I only had friends with people I worked with. I was the only person initiating the get togethers and staying in contact. I just joined some new meetup groups and redcross training.

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 5:29pm

a. When you were little, what games did you play? === Cowboys and Indians (I was an Indian), Hide and Seek, Hopscotch

b. What is your definition of a fun activity and a fun place? === my definition of "fun" varies with my mood - lately it's been dinner with crafty friends

c. Who are the friends with whom you share fun time? === Mary and Janice, my crafting buddies

d. What place is fun for you? === anyplace quiet

e. What fun place would you like to visit? === There are a lot of places I want to visit but I wouldn't call any of them fun...

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 3:59pm

Crouqet, badminton, tetherball, horseshoes, board games (parcheesi, chinese checkers, sorry, monopoly), mumbledy-peg, hide and seek, red rover red rover....

A craft fair or antique flea market.

My sister

Outdoors, the beach, a swimming pool

Well, I don't know how much fun it is, but I always wanted to see the pyramids in Egypt.

Molly

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 5:49am

You are the youngest child in a big family, aren't you? My friend was the youngest child, too, and there was a big difference in age between the older sibs and himself, so he grew up playing with friends his age rather than with his siblings.

That's great that you can have fun anywhere and anytime as long as you are well rested. That's a huge blessing!

I hope that you'll meet new people and create new friendships through the new activities. It is a bit tricky being friends with co-workers. I've always been fond of my co-workers but a lot of times it was difficult nurturing friendships with them after office hours because they were already married and thus already had activities. A lot of times, we are fond of each other but we didn't find enough common ground to forge a deeper friendship. But I do see some former colleagues from time to time, and I have to be honest that most of the time I let them do the organizing! We usually have a meal and catch-up. Maybe twice a year max.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 6:43am

I'm trying to remember whether my brothers and I played Cowboys and Indians when we were small.

Having dinner with your crafting friends does sound like fun indeed! Do you get to do that often?

You are going to get to do fun things during your cruise, I hope. Have you managed to find your evening outfits?

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 6:45am

What's mumbledy-peg?

I think that a trip to Egypt to see the pyramids would be fun in many ways. It's on my list of things to do.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 9:16am

Dinner with my friends is every Tuesday evening...

I did find three tops which should be on their way here... What with the three I already have, that should do it, I hope.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 10:25am
That's good! Now all you have to do is decide on the accessories and you are ready to go!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 3:15pm

Hmmm....mumbledy-peg.

Molly

Community Leader
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 7:31pm

Fun!

board games - monopoly, life, chutes and ladders, chinese checkers, kerplunk

outdoor games - kick the can, kickball

doing anything active with a person or people I enjoy - working out, laser tag, whirly ball, bowling, eating out at a new restaurant, shopping

husband, children, friends, family

any place with the one(s) I love

hawaii, france, italy, spain, various us states

Pages