Extended family

iVillage Member
Extended family
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 11:11am

I am not such a family person. There are family members I love a lot, others I hope I never have to see, and some others (quite a lot, actually) that I don't know at all or not very well. Overall, though, my extended family has been getting along quite well for the past few years.

Are you close to your extended family? Do you know your cousins and are you friends with them?

Do you come from a big family?

Do you spend a lot of time with your extended family, especially during the holidays?

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 12:13pm

Are you close to your extended family? Do you know your cousins and are you friends with them?

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 5:32pm

Are you close to your extended family? Do you know your cousins and are you friends with them? === not really. I don't have any cousins on my Father's side (he was an only child) and the one on my Mother's side were either much older or much younger than I (to say nothing of geographically far far away) so I have nothing in common with them...

Do you come from a big family? === two brothers only

Do you spend a lot of time with your extended family, especially during the holidays? === no (again, geographically separated). DH has a close family and we seem to spend (way too much, IMO) time with them!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 7:17pm

No, I'm not close to them. When I was a child I spent a lot of time with them, but no longer. My parents were older than most people's (my mother was almost 40 and my father was almost 50 when I was born), so my first cousins were all a lot older, while my second cousins were my age. But now we're geographically apart. I only have one aunt living now. I have a lot of relatives on my mother's side whom I've never met.

Do you come from a big family?
No, not really. My mother had two brothers, while my father had two brothers and two sisters. I only have one brother.

Do you spend a lot of time with your extended family, especially during the holidays?
No, I don't.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 3:28am

Are you close to your extended family? Yes

Do you know your cousins and are you friends with them?

siggy line