Grateful 2b 41! My birthday weekend!

iVillage Member
Grateful 2b 41! My birthday weekend!
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 12:45am

Hello Everyone! I have been away with my family&extended family.

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 11:28pm

You had a family reunion *and* a birthday party! Woohoo!

Belated birthday wishes, HotCarmel. I hope the year to come will bring you very many good, beautiful and wonderful thing each day.

I am glad that you made it safely home, despite the road rage incident. I hate it when people do that, especially if they appear intoxicated. I think I would have taken their license plate number and reported them to the police or highway patrol as they are a danger to everyone.

Sorry about your tree. It's a good thing that no one was hurt!

How are you liking your new living room?

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 3:42pm

Belated ♫ HaPpY bIrThDaY!

Glad you're OK after the whole road rage thing. That sounds scary!

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 3:21pm
That sounds like the BEST! Happy Birthday and may the rest of your vacation be as wonderful as the first part!
Bren Jay

Superposter -BL
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 5:08pm
Hapy belated birthday Hotcarmel. Sounds like you had a great one... sorry about the tree!

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 9:30pm

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

Sorry for the late response! I have been busy enjoying my new living room and taking care of business! I love, love love my new furniture! I got exactly what I wanted. It's beautiful chocolate brown sofa and a suede loveseat and a paisley/print chair. I also got a mocho storage ottoman on wheels. It looks great against my yellow walls. A soft color by Behr called "calm air". I had it painted a few years ago and knew I didn't want to change it. My living room is probaly one of the best birthday presents ever!

As far as the road rage goes, I didn't let myself get too close to them. They were basically holding up traffic. Not much on a Sunday night, but I was afraid they would try to get behind me or beside me and hurt me. I kept my distance between them after they threw out the drink cup. They kept trying to either get in front of me or behind me. They were stopping in the left lane at one point to see if I would catch up with them in the right lane. I let other cars go, so they couldn't get close to me. And kept letting more and more of them in front of me. It was also dark on this stretch of freeway as there is some lane construction going on. Always some construction going on in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Always:) A relative suggested me calling 911 or reporting them to the cops. But after I explained to her this entire story, it was safer to just keep a distance from them. I didn't take any chances on getting too close to see their tags.

Tree situation, that has been taken care of. Thank God.

Chelle-

Amour-Propre

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 12:56am

A colour named "calm air" sound like a winner indeed. I am glad that you've been enjoying your new living room, HotCarmel.

What you did on the highway was very wise. They were a danger to everyone who was on that highway at that time. Reckless and stupid driving, and driving under influence, is never good for all concerned.

Great to hear that you got the tree thing sorted out. Some people are just extra fussy and picky ;-)

Let me know how you enjoy the book. I've never read Jodi Picoult.