Skin care

iVillage Member
Skin care
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 9:20am

One of the subjects of the Look Good Feel Good challenge going on right now was skin care.

What is your skincare routine like? Do you have different products for night and day?

Do you wear sunscreen every day? Which sunscreen do you use? Do you wear a hat or use an umbrella to protect yourself from the sun when you are out and about for quite some time or when the sun is strong?

Do you sunbathe or go to a tanning salon?

Have you had any kind of procedure (microdermabrasion, Botox, fillers, surgery, etc.)?

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_libelulle
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 3:41pm

I like your tropical fish siggie , Poppy!

What is your skincare routine like? Do you have different products for night and day? I use the same products day / night unless if for some odd reason I have used mascara in the daytime then I have a cream to remove it...

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 9:19am
I don't know what you look like in real life, but to me you are gorgeous. That's how I've always seen you.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 9:39am

One of the things that I've never been able to do is use different kinds of products, one on top of each other.

Right now I am using the same product for day and night. It's something that I got from my dermatologist a few months ago when she diagnosed me with dermatitis. Something recently a skin break out, so I am back using her gel. If I am going out of the house, I add a sunscreen. The SPF right now is 30 (I used it to go to the beach), but usually for every day city use an SPF of 15 is enough for me. When I am not using her product, I use a moisturizing sunscreen (thus eliminating the need for a moisturizer underneath the sunscreen) or a moisturizing foundation with an SPF of 15. At night I'll sometimes apply an anti-oxydant and a AHA or BHA. The antioxydant works well as an eye cream, too.

When I was younger I used to sunbathe, mostly because my then-BFs would want to. I've gotten very bad burns two or three times. The first time was after a day cruise followed by some golf. The second time was during a walk in the mountains ~ I'd miscalculated how strong the sun would be at an elevation of over 6500 feet (my BF of the time didn't have any problems at all - how unfair was that?!?) The last time I suffered from a bad burn was watching my nephew play soccer. I didn't realize it would be that hot and the strong would be that strong, and that there would be hardly any shade. So now I am super duper careful.

I've got good genes, but we've got to maintain it not take it for granted!

I've not had any procedures at all. Maybe in a few years, so ease the lines from nose to mouth. But I figure if I always smile and laugh people won't be looking at those lines too much ;-)

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 5:42pm

Thank

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 10:41pm

One of the best things about the message boards is that we only see the person's inner beauty.

Not that I don't appreciate outer beauty (I do very much), but it's nice to be able to just be and be seen as beautiful even when in RL we're in our PJs and still have bed head ;-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 4:31am
in our pj's and have bed heads,,, you really must be able to see me....
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 8:14pm

My skin care regimen changes accoridin to my mood, there ar edays when I am very strict with my moisturising, toning and anti wrinkle stuff and then there days when I cannot be bothered. I am more organised with it nowadays though as I see the effects of neglecting it straight away.

I use a toner, which just helps me feel more refreshed really and then use a moisturiser. If it is night time, I use night cream. My family are notorious for big puffy cheeks that give you sagging lines around the mouth as you age so I use an anti wrinkle cream specifically for that area and my forehead as well because I frown a lot.

Photobucket 

Administrator
Mon, 05-02-2011 - 7:07pm

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com