As the summer season ends...

iVillage Member
As the summer season ends...
Sun, 08-22-2010 - 8:53pm

As the summer ends, what are the things that have made you happy so far this year?

What are the things or people that have made you proud?

What are you looking forward to between now and the year end?

Is there anything that you are dreading?

Has 2010 been a good year for you so far?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-22-2010 - 11:10pm

As the summer ends, what are the things that have made you happy so far this year? === I won two ribbons at the local county fair for my needlework

What are the things or people that have made you proud? === My DH has received a couple of award for his volunteerism

What are you looking forward to between now and the year end? === a cruise to the Eastern med in October/November

Is there anything that you are dreading? === not really

Has 2010 been a good year for you so far? === so far it's been so-so

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 12:00am
Congratulations on the two ribbons!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 1:39am
Thanks! I really didn't think I'd win even one, and I got two first places! My neighbor wants me to enter the State Fair next year!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 2:12am

As the summer ends, what are the things that have made you happy so far this year?
Buying my own home and moving to an area that I've always loved.

DH for leaving his first college with a 3.9 GPA and for being accepted into the College of Charleston.

What are you looking forward to between now and the year end?
The autumn, which is my favorite season and being able to spend more time outside once the weather turns cooler.

Is there anything that you are dreading?
Job hunting.

Has 2010 been a good year for you so far?
Yes, now that I'm finally on my own.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 7:46am

--Being able to see my sister for the first time in about 7 years!!!

--My brother has made be proud cause he has gotten back into volunteer firefighting which he just loves and my DH makes me proud because

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 1:28pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 10:23pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 12:04am

I don't know why I have been avoiding this thread in particular but here we go...

This year has been strangely different. I have pondered over many issues that I have never addressed before and that is good. Any bit of self inspecyion, as self indulgent as that sounds, is good for me as far as I am concerned/ what made me happy? Let me think. By far the most happiness I got this year was from DD who has grown into a little girl who continues to amaze me as the days go by. I have been reminded, day after day, how great my friends are and how much strength I have in me... these things made me happy.

Obviously DD made me very very proud this year but so has my brother who has also grown into a mature and handsome young man. I am also proud that I was asked to be a council member of the sudden infant death charity that I attended as I went through my grief and the fact that they thought I was a valuable enough member for them just made my day. I am still waiting for a confirmation as they will discuss this in their next meeting, so fingers crossed.

A bit of weight loss by Christmas would be greatly, GREATLY, appreciated. I am looking forward to DD doing well in her first grade, big step there, and looking forward to DH and I having some time off together to rekindle what was once there.

I am dreading any conversation with my father. He has failed me this year and I am extremely mad.

2010 has been better than I expected so far, which is a blessing.

Thanks for the interesting questions, Poppy.

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 6:56pm

Congratulations on the two ribbons, and congratulations as well to your husband.

You definitely ought to enter the competition at the State Fair next year!

I am glad that 2010 is a so-so year for you. So-so in my books is good.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 7:00pm

Congratulations to you and your husband, Nancy. It must feel so very nice to know that your home is *yours* - not a rental, not someone else's but all yours. And the fact that it's in a place where you'd always wanted to live makes it even sweeter.

Good luck with your job search. I'm sending you lots of positive vibes!

Pages