The Golden Valkyrie by Iris Johansen

iVillage Member
The Golden Valkyrie by Iris Johansen
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 4:24pm

What can I say. I gave in and read one of my pure and simple romances...nothing historical, nothing action packed, just romance. It was a sweet, easy read and just what I was in the mood for.

Here's the book synopsis:

"When P.I. Honey Winston is hired to steal incriminating letters from visiting dignitary Prince Rubinoff, she's prepared for a dangerous mission that could end her career. But when she blows her cover, she finds that the amused prince is everything the media have made him out to be: part Adonis, part playboy - and irresistibly charismatic. The problem is, the feeling is mutual. Intrigued, the prince is determined to keep his gorgeous young trespasser by his side as long as possible.

For he's never met anyone quite as daring, or breathtaking, as Honey. With the tables turned, Prince Rubinoff has Honey appointed his personal bodyguard. The official reason is an assassination plot. The truth is far more dangerous..."

Anyone who needs a break from murder, the problems in the real life novels so prevalent today, I recommend this as a really good, forget about life and it's hassles kind of book. I loved it!

Bev

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 5:10pm

I read Iris Johansen books. Usually I enjoy the romantic suspense ones.

I read one that she wrote with her son and that one was good.

I see she has a few coming out that I will borrow or buy later on.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 6:17pm

My favorite romances are the historical romances. Romantic suspense comes in second. When I'm in need of a romance though, it doesn't matter to me what category it is, just as long as it is a romance.

My son used to get on my case when he saw me reading a romance. I told him to mind his own business. He had his video games, music, and all his other fun activities to relieve stress. Sometimes Moms just need to get away from real life and to live a little fantasy. Romances were my stress releases. Besides, I read a lot more than just romances.

He was afraid I was rotting my brain. Kids...gotta luv em!

Bev

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 7:02pm

I read a lot , too. Romantic suspense, fantasies (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc.

My grandfather used to hate when I read a lot of books and would tell me "too much reading is no good."

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 12:35am

Doesn't it just flabbergast you when someone tells you not to read. My mom used to tell me to get my nose out of my book and find something to do. I absolutely love to read. I'll read anything with print and that's the truth. I especially love mysteries...the British cozy type (Agatha Christie, Robin Page, M.C. Beaton). I mix them up with all kinds of other styles of writing. Anything from forensic murders to romances to scifi and fantasy to modern novels to classics. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. I'm not adverse to biographies and other non-fictions or poetry either, and I love to read Shakespeare. My TBR list is a laugh! It's a mountain! I've left instructions to put it in my coffin with me so I can continue reading in heaven so I get a head start on my next incarnation. LOL!!!

Bev

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 1:36am

Wow ! That is good you can read all types. I

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 1:14pm

Bev, you're funny!