Wicked by Shannon Drake

iVillage Member
Wicked by Shannon Drake
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 11:11am

This was an historical suspense/romance by the same author a/k/a Heather Graham. I really enjoyed the suspense part of the book, but once the two main characters found each other they were like a couple of rabbits. Luckily this happened toward the end of the book, so most of it was very enjoyable. I usually like this genre, but I'm not sure if I'll be reading any more by this author.

Book Synopsis:"Camille Montgomery is aware of the wicked man's reputation. But as an expert in antiquities, she also knows his family's Egyptian artifacts are the finest in England. The problem is, her wayward stepfather knows this, too - and he's determined to steal them. So when he's caught in the act of robbing the so-called Beast of Carlyle, Camille must swallow her fear and boldly confront the man whose mask is said to hide a face too loathsome to behold.

The Earl of Carlyle has lived in the shadows ever since the suspicious death of his parents. But he's never stopped trying to unravel the mystery behind what he suspects to have been their murder. And now that the lovely Camille has stumbled into his life, he has the perfect pawn for his deadly game of vengeance and deceit. But in the laying his ruthless trap, will he risk losing his own heart?"

Bev

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 11:27am

Thanks for the review :o)

This was recommended to me a while ago, but I normally just read Heather Graham's paranormal/romance/suspense books.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 12:52pm

Hi Jenn!

Your welcome for the review. I totally agree with cheesy part! She should totally stick with the suspense only. Romance isn't her thing.

I haven't read any Heather Graham books yet, so thanks for the heads up that she has romance in those, too. I won't be in a hurry to read her. I've got so many other authors to choose from. I know a lot of people who like her books, though, so eventually I'll pick one up.

Bev