savannah blues by mary kay andrews

iVillage Member
savannah blues by mary kay andrews
Fri, 03-26-2010 - 10:14am

this book is about weezie foley, she is a picker and goes around to estate sales and garage sales looking for antiques. her dream is to own her own shop. she lives in a carriage house behind the townhouse she shared with her ex husband, who now lives there with his fiancee.

weezie goes to an estate sale and finds her ex's fiancee dead in the house. at first she is blamed for the death but they can't find enough evidence to charge her.

the house is going to be sold to put up a paper plant so weezie, a school friend and weezie's uncle start trying to find ways to save the old plantation.

in the meantime a boy she dated in high school returns to town and starts working at weezie's best friend's restaurant. the sparks fly again but it's a bumpy ride.

i really enjoyed this book, the story kept my interest and i could not wait to finish it and see how she would tie up all the loose ends. plus it didn't hurt that it was set in a city i used to live in. i liked reading about places i have been and the area where my kids went to school.

i would highly recommend this book and now i am off to read the second in the series.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket