Suzi's Turkey in a bag (complete meal)
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 11-18-2003 - 8:03am|
REC Turkey breast with Lime Teriyaki Glaze...talking turkey!Turkey breast with Lime Teriyaki Glaze
1.5kg/3lb boned turkey breast
1 Large Oven Bag and plain flour
1/2 cup day old breadcrumbs
1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 green onion, chopped
1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
Zest and rind of 1 lemon
12 small new potatoes, washed and halved
6-12 baby onions
Glaze: 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce 1 tablespoon lime marmalade
1/2 cup stock
3 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch mixed with
1 tablespoon water
1. Make a horizontal cut along the thickest part of turkey to make a pocket. Fill cavity with prepared stuffing.
2. Tie turkey with unwaxed string or secure with toothpicks to close pocket. Put turkey in lightly floured large oven bag.
3. Combine teriyaki sauce and lime marmalade and pour over turkey. Add vegetables and tie the bag; then make 3 or 4 small holes in the end.
4. Bake in a baking dish in a moderate oven (180C/350F) for about 40-60 minutes or until juice is clear when skewer is inserted into the thickest part of meat.
5. Carefully remove turkey from oven bag, draining liquid into a small saucepan; add stock. Stir in cornflour and heat until sauce is thickened. Serve with vegetables.