Question of the Day???????

iVillage Member
Question of the Day???????
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 4:33am
If you had to go tonight to get tattooed where would you have it done and what tattoo would you get?

Good Morning! I know the board is different and it will take some getting used to but I hope you will all stay with us during this transition.

Hugs to all!

Carrie

P.S. Smile and have a great day :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 4:38am
If I just had to go and do it(because I am chicken of needles)then I would have a sun and a moon together on my ankle. I have wanted this for years but don't have the gumption(sp) to do it. But if I was made to do it that is what I would choose :)

Hugs ya,

Carrie

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 6:04am
I am going to get a tatt at the base of my neck where my shoulders start in Lothlorien font (Lord Of The Rings) that has a secret saying on it....gonna try to copy and paste it here....lemme see...nope..it wouldn't let me. Anyways, it will read: I am touched with fire. Plain and simple. If I were light complected enough I'd have it done in all red but I'm not so I won't, lol.

Thats it for me...cool question Carrie.

~The Worlds A Roller Coaster And I Am Not 

Strapped In. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:07am
Carrie,

I would continue with what I have on my back already which is two japanese symbols for life and health going up my spine and adding to the sides I would get faith and love for atotal of four japanese designs.

~Alicia

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 8:11am
At first I thought you meant what place would I go to have it done. Then I realized that you meant what body part. Duh. I'm thinking straight again. Must be the new boards. I don't respond well to change. :)

Since I'm not a great tattoo fan, I'd probably have it done somewhere people couldn't see easily, but not in too private of an area where I couldn't share it. Maybe on my back shoulder.

I'd tattoo the same picture that is being put on my dd's gravestone. The "I LOVE YOU" sign in ASL (American Sign Language). She wasn't deaf but our family has a friend who is deaf and we know quite a few signs. We would sign "I Love You" quite often to each other (in ASL). My 9yo and I sign it now too.

~Sandy

The ASL "I Love You" sign looks like this: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Estates/7020/icon8.gif

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 8:44am
I've always wanted a celtic cross tatooed on my upper arm near my shoulder. Problem is I have never been able to figure out what color/colors to have it done in. Black would just be too boring.

Either that or a maple leaf changing colors through green to yellow to red the way they do naturally.

Hubby thinks tatoos are bizarre so I've got to put a lot of thought into it. Think I'll stick to my original idea of getting my eyebrow pierced instead.

Elspeth

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:40am
I am going to get something on my lower back, not sure what yet...chinese design, i'm sure...i also want the chinese symbols for hope, peace, and new beginnings somewhere, mabye shoulder blade, ankle...i have lots of plans, but am scared to death of needles...but i'm so going to do it very soon! Its something I've wanted to do for a long time, so now I'm going to JUST DO IT!

k.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:43am
WOW...what an interesting question. I am totally afraid of the pain involved and my DH really hates tatoos...so I probably wouldn't get one...but I did see this really great one about 8 years ago. If I had to get one I would get it on my bikini line on my left side. It would be a cresent moon with a spiral galixy in the crescent part. I am VERY light skined so I would use lots of different colors to show the twinkeling stars in the galixy.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:54pm
Has anyone seen Pooh's Grand Adventure?

Well, there is a part in

the movie where all of

the characters are hanging onto

Eeyore's tail and Eeyore is

hanging by his mouth from a cliff.

He mumbles something and Tigger asks,

"What'd donkey boy say?" To

which Eeyore replies, "I said ouch"

and when he opens his mouth to say that

they all fall off the cliff. I

think it's hilarious. I love Eeyore.

So I would get Eeyore tattooed

on my rear end with "I said ouch"

beside it.

Hugs,

Precia

Precia

Cl-Families and Mental Illness

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 8:53pm
I have a butterfly on my left side by the pelvic bone... just low enough to be covered by a bikini bottom. It has purple flowers inside the wings....however, it ended up bigger than I wanted and after lots of thought and looking at it in the mirror e-v-e-r-y m-o-r-n-i-n-g, I decided that I do not want it forever and ever.... so I am getting laser removal. If I had to get another one, (which I won't), I would get the faith, hope and love symbols overlapped. There's a ring I saw with this and its absolutely beautiful.

~Lilacprincess

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:14am
For my second tattoo, (I already have a butterfly surrounded by tribal on my lower back), I would get a little tree frog climbing up my shoulder blade. You know, one of those really cute ones, with the little red eyes and round toes.

Elizabeth