Newcomers Please Read & Welcome!

iVillage Member
Newcomers Please Read & Welcome!
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 6:10am
Hello and welcome to our support network for bipolar disorder! Our names are Teri and Keli and together we are your Caring Leaders for this board. You'll find that in posts we use alot of abbreviations and words. This is a list to help you know what we are talking about when we use them...here goes:

tdoc - therapist

pdoc - psychiatrist

dh - dearest husband, or any other "d" word we feel like using on any given day! lol

dw - dearest wife, likewise any other "d" word you feel like you need to use on that day.

dd - dearest daughter

ds - dearest son

SIL - Sister In Law

BIL - Brother In Law

Rx'ed - Prescribed Meds

Dx'ed - Diagnosed

ED - Eating Disorder

SI - Self Injure

Also, there are some general rules of play here and Carrie and I as well as others appreciate it when we post with these rules in mind.

Sometimes people will come to the board and upset all of us. Sometimes it's intentional and sometimes it's unintentionial. Either way we need to bond together and instead of lashing out in a negative way, keep ourselves composed and click on the link at the top of the web page that says "report and inappropriate post". We don't dismiss responding to said post but please respond ONLY if you can refrain from name calling and demeaning statements. Thank you.

Whenever you are going to make a post that says anything about suicide, Self Injury, Psychotic Thoughts, Eating Disorders *such and binging and purging*, we need to include the word "trigger" in our header for our posts. This way if someone is in a sensitive frame of mind, they can take caution when reading your post, or just decide not to read it at all.

Everyone is always welcome on our board! We will admit that once in a while people come to the board and say things about people who are BP and it's almost like a prejiduced statement....now we don't mind if you step in on that kind of thing *please do it nicely*....but people often come here with family members, friends and spouses that are BP, and they need some insight....please give it to them. If you can tell someone how the person in their life needs to be handled when manic or depressed or whatever, you can make all the difference in the world for that person, as well as strengthen a relationship for someone.

It's also not good for us to tell one another to go against doctors advice....unless it's blatantly obvious that someones doc doesn't know what the hell they are talking about....and yes, sometimes docs don't know what they are talking about. It's okay to share your experience in a situation, but it's not our place to be someones doctor. We're here for support, understanding, caring and compassion with one another.

On occasion new rules will come into play, so these guidelines are subject to change. *lol I sound like a commercial*

Welcome newbies! We hope you'll stay with us. We are a great group of people who share the same illnesses as well as other aspects of our lives.

Peace, Love and Healing,

~Teri~ and Keli

Edited 9/22/2003 2:19:29 PM ET by cl-earthchild_73

Edited 9/22/2003 2:19:53 PM ET by cl-earthchild_73

~The Worlds A Roller Coaster And I Am Not 

Strapped In. 

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 3:49pm
bump

Strapped In. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:53am
bump again

Strapped In. 

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 4:42pm
i just thought i would bump this forward for you busy cl's hope you dont mind...hope you are both well

Fiona x

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 6:05am
Thanks for the bump Fiona! Any help is appreciated! :o)

*hugs*

Strapped In. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 7:41am
bump.

Strapped In. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 5:52am
juuuuuuuust bumping

Strapped In. 

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 4:04pm
up
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:27am
bumping

Strapped In. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 1:25pm
bump

Precia

Cl-Families and Mental Illness

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 2:49pm
I hope this is what you mean by bump, hope I am bumping it up :)

LYLAS,

Carrie

Pages