Being Manic...just rambling...

iVillage Member
Being Manic...just rambling...
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:44am
I love being manic...I really do...I feel strong, and empowered, and beautiful and important...all the opposites of what i feel when i am not manic. This is still confusing to me...even after all this time...and i always always think i won't crash...that i'm BETTER...that this is ME and I am okay again...then inevitably the crash happens...and i know we all go through it...but I LOVE MY MANIA!!!

and that's all i really wanted to say! see, rambling on and on about nothing.

My DH and I are separating. Its a good thing. We are better as friends, than husband and wife...we love each other, but neither one of us are in love with each other...i never used to believe in that...but i do now...he was/is a big trigger of mine, so I feel a sense of relief in this separation, that i never felt before. I was sad, it broke my heart, yes...but only because I tried so damned hard to make it work...i was trying to make something fit, that just did not fit...and i almost killed myself trying...

I'm feeling good today, just wanted to share.

Hugs to everyone,

Keli

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:56am
hi keli

just wanted to send you a hug and let you know i'm thinking of you. i too feel like me when i'm manic and know where you are coming from

i hope you have some support for you and your husband separating as it is stressful even if it is for the best

Fiona x

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 12:15pm
Hey Kel...

You know how proud I am of you for taking the steps in your life that you are making right now. No, they aren't easy ones but they are the necessary ones. Never forget that I'm proud of you!

*hugs ya*

~Teri~

~The Worlds A Roller Coaster And I Am Not 

Strapped In. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 3:07pm
I hear you. I love the highs too. I feel like Super Woman, but I am so so irritable at those times. I'm sure lack of sleep doesn't help there any. I have to remember, though, that even though I like being manic, the people around me don't like me that way. I'm probably difficult to be around.

Sandy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 3:33pm
You sound so much like me!

I never think I am manic,

just that I am better and

that it is who I really am.

It isn't until I start

spinning out of control

that I will finally realize

that I am manic.

I am sorry you and your dh

are seperating. I hope

everything works out for

the best.

Hugs,

Precia

Precia

Cl-Families and Mental Illness

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:34am
I was manic when my first Husband and I separated. It allowed me to be very "cold" about what was going on and feel great about being friends and how well I handled the situation.

Please be prepared to deal with the emotions of it at some point. Make sure you tell friends and your pdoc what is going on so that if you don't see your moods changing someone else will.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't come crashing down afterwards, I just needed to deal with some baggage and I needed someone there to help.

Hugs to you

Elspeth