Tongue Re-piercing

iVillage Member
Tongue Re-piercing
Tue, 07-01-2008 - 1:01pm

Hi there,

I have never posted here before but I have a question.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2008 - 5:28pm
Hi Shel,

Welcome to the board! Congrats on thinking about getting your tongue pierced again. I have mine pierced twice and love it!!

You know, after having your tongue piercing out for 8 years, I'd say the area is pretty well healed up. It could be even that the scar tissue where the hole was, could be fore the most part gone, or at least very minimal. I know with other scars I've had over the years, from removed piercings or just general scars, that with time the bump of the scaring lessens and often times goes away to nothing.

You could most likely get it pierced again in the same spot. If there is still a significant amount of scar tissue, it might just be a bit more cumbersome to pierce through the same area.

But, the best thing to do is like you said: head to a piercer and ask them what they think. They'll be able to look at your tongue and really tell you what your options would be.

Let me know what the piercer does say. I'm always interested in what can and can't be done and what is done.

#DE711F < =< -->

#DE711F < =< -->

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2008 - 7:53pm
Hi there. I'm new to the boards. I just got my tongue re-pierced again a few weeks ago. This is the third time I've had it done. Both times I've taken it out it's been about a year in between getting it re-pierced. They don't pierce it in the exact same place because of the scar tissue (depending on if yours is still there or not because it's been so long). But they've done a really good job about getting it awful darn close. I've been happy with my tongue piercings all 3 times and each time it takes less to heal. Maybe the body's recognition of it being done previously...not sure. Lol. Hope this helps and good luck!
~ Christine
(aka ArchitectureMom)
~ Christine
(aka ArchitectureMom)
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-20-2009 - 6:12pm

I've had my tongue pierced twice.

The first time I was 16, my mom took me, and I just let the piercer do his this. The piercing never felt right, so within 6 months I took it out.

The second time, I missed having it, so I got it redone. Its in a different place, but I like this placing better. It was a totally different experience than the first.

If there is scar tissue, they can't do it in the exact same place. My old scar tissue is stil a lump, and even though its been a longer time for you, scar tissue is scar tissue.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker