Agatha Christie's 120th

iVillage Member
Agatha Christie's 120th
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 7:05am

Today would have been Agatha Christie's 120th birthday. Whilst there were other successful and famous female crime writers of her generation (Dorothy Sayers and Ngaio Marsh come to mind), Agatha Christie is perhaps the most renowned around the world.

Have you ever or do you read her books? Or seen any of the movies based on her books?

Which one is your favourite?

Which character is your favourite?

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 2:59am

I think I started reading her books that summer when I turned 12. It was boring, there were a lot of changes in my life that were out of my control and wants. My father had a personal library, and I found the first of the many Agatha Christie books that I would read in my teens. I can't remember what it was, but it gave me respite from my unhappy world and entertained me.

I don't think I've seen the movies based on her books. I've seen portions of Murder on the Orient Express but never the whole movie. I've heard radio drama adapted from her books.

I don't have a favourite book nor a favourite character. By now, they are like old friends. Other crime writers might have written more complex and gripping novels, but it's difficult to discount her books.